- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department -
- Team Pricing
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1677224
What you'll do at
|Calling all smart and driven Product Managers to drive growth for the largest retailer in the world and the 2nd largest e-Commerce retailer growing at ~70% per year! Walmart’s mission is to become the best place to shop and save online. We are using cutting edge technology, a sophisticated omni-channel fulfilment platform and incredible customer experience to win the battle for e-Commerce dominance. We want you to take up this challenge and shape the future of e-Commerce.
The Pricing team at Walmart is responsible for platforms and algorithms used to price all items on Walmart.com. As a Product Manager on the Pricing team, you'll be responsible for setting pricing strategy, product roadmap and driving execution for key initiatives and features. Additionally, you be responsible for defining the success measurement framework (like improvement in price perception, revenue lift, margin lift etc.) and ensuring we have tools to measure cause and effect. The Product Manager must be able to use a blend of technical and business skills to navigate a fast-moving environment and deliver results. This is a high visibility role in which you'll interact regularly with senior management across the company.
|*Manager's Ideal Candidate Must-Haves|
|5+ years of product management or other relevant professional experience, ideally at an e-commerce company
Excellent quantitative data analysis and cross-functional project-management skills
A rigorous course of undergraduate study with a preference towards computer science, engineering, business, economics, natural sciences, or mathematics
Strong communication skills with a demonstrated ability to translate detailed analysis to a recommended solution
Experience managing design, build, test, and release processes end-to-end
Be technical – understand system architecture and meaningfully contribute to building a robust tech stack (ability to understand the tech stack conceptually, its strengths and limitations)
Experience with SQL and data analysis
|Manager's Preferred Qualifications (3-5 "nice to haves")|
|Advanced degrees in engineering and or business
Several years of experience in technical product management or other affiliated roles
|The Walmart.com team is here to provide amazing digital and physical experiences for our customers – with seamless access to products and services they want. Marketplace allows us to present an even wider array of vendor products on Walmart.com and beyond. Behind the scenes, e-commerce experts are focused on category growth, program management, business development, and seller onboarding. We continuously strive to deliver incredible selection, ease, and e-commerce innovation to customers.|
|• Be the voice of the customer – collaborate with Merchants and Strategy teams to understand the strategic priorities for pricing
• Translate strategic priorities into a product roadmap and detailed product specifications
• Develop, launch, and scale new features and pricing initiatives
• Collaborate with engineering and data science teams to define implementation plans, prioritize work items, triage issues and run scrum meetings
• Work across the business, engineering, and product orgs to execute your roadmap at lightning speed
• Develop metrics to monitor and quantify the impact of new products that you launch
|• 5+ years of product management or other relevant professional experience, ideally at an e-commerce company
• Excellent quantitative data analysis and cross-functional project-management skills
• A rigorous course of undergraduate study with preference towards computer science, engineering, business, economics, natural sciences, or mathematics
• Strong communication skills with a demonstrated ability to translate detailed analysis to a recommended solution
• Experience managing design, build, test, and release processes end-to-end
• Be technical – understand system architecture and meaningfully contribute to building a robust tech stack (ability to understand the tech stack conceptually, its strengths and limitations)
• Experience with SQL and data analysis
|Additional Preferred Qualifications|
The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimaging the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
Frequently asked questions
On average, how long does it take to fill out an application?
On average, it takes 10-15 minutes to complete our 1-page application.
Can I change my application after submitting?
No, you cannot change your application after submitting, so please make sure that everything is finalized before you hit the submit button.