Print Department Supervisor
- Location COLUMBUS, OH
- Department Retail
- Team Home
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1670475
What you'll do at
With direction from the Printing Production Manager, this position is accountable for safety, quality, productivity, material handling, cost performance and managing employee relations in a high speed manufacturing work environment.
Job demands monitoring production performance and implementing processes, procedures, and methods to improve results in all key functional areas. Enforce deadlines, recommend and implement solutions for changes and improvements. An essential aspect of the position is to Build and develop the print team associates to work well together and thrive under tight deadlines.
- Available for variable hours as needed (days, evenings, weekends)
- Manages workflow, people and resources of the Print Production Department on a daily basis.
- Works directly with Print Manager to develop and revise standard operational and working practices and ensures staff complies with standards.
- Ensure that the work environment remains clean and safe.
- Resolves operational problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
- Determines when raw materials need to be ordered and in what quantities. May also place orders as required. Contributes to production through hands-on participation as needed.
- Responsible for recruiting, training, cross training and developing of operations staff.
- Conducts employee reviews and coaches and counsels staff.
- Works with the Customer Service Department to maintain and service customers' needs.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple priorities in a changing environment, participate actively in the resolution of problems and improvements and look for opportunities to enhance production efficiency while maintaining a high standard for output quality.
- Ability to embrace and lead change and champion continuous improvement
- Ensures that the department produces product to specification and in expected timeframe and meets daily production goals.
- Demonstrated ability to manage external vendor relationships and maintain strong relationships
- Forward think all changes and procedures to how they will affect the next stages of manufacturing.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- At least 5 years experience managing a team in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with the digital printing process, latex and aqueous printing preferred.
- Proficient in basic MS office programs (Excel, Word, Outlook) as well as Google sheets.
- Ability to multitask and make accurate quick decisions.
- Ability to bend, lift and squat while loading heavy rolls of materials on and off press.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 55 lbs. constantly and up to 80 lbs. frequently.
- Self-motivated, highly detail oriented, professional, and organized. Reliability through attendance, punctuality and attention to work.
- Excellent project and time management skills.
- Able to accurately discern colors.
- Good interpersonal, organizational and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Excellent problem-solving/ trouble shooting ability.
- Strong attention to detail and quality.
- Proficient with PC platform.
- Demonstrate positive attitude, team and product focused with a professional demeanor.
- Ability to work as part of a team or independently.