Site Merchandise Manager
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Retail
- Team Home
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1663760
What you'll do at
Site Merchandise Manager
Want to help change the future of online commerce? Ready to work with a team of bright minds at the intersection of content, commerce, and technology to build the world’s most customer-centric home shopping experience?
Hayneedle was recently acquired by Walmart/Jet and is experiencing unprecedented growth. With an entrepreneurial spirit that fosters teamwork and professional development, our business is poised to redefine the way consumers decorate and shop for their home.
We are looking for a Site Merchandise Manager to achieve sales and profitability goals through strong execution of site activity maximizing conversion and average order. The ideal candidate will possess a strong knowledge and passion for e-commerce and have previous experience in marketing or merchandising.
This role will report to the Senior Merchandise Manager and will be based at Hayneedle HQ in Omaha, Nebraska, San Bruno, CA or Hoboken, NJ.
WHAT YOU WILL GET TO DO:
The Site Merchandise Manager contributes to building a world-class customer experience that lifts the brand above all competitors and clearly articulates its value proposition and engages prospective customers and employees authentically.
The Site Merchandise Manager works with the Site Merchandiser to help achieve sales and profitability goals. The Site Merchandise Manager oversees the merchandising presentation within his/her department/categories to best respond to customer demand and convert visits into profitable sales. He/she will work closely with the Category Management, Planning and Marketing teams to get visibility into ongoing and seasonal campaigns and key item/category drivers. He/she will also work with their site merchandising team to analyze traffic, sales, conversion and search data to understand demand patterns, react accordingly on the site, and advocate for effective cross-department or cross-functional solutions.
As part of a small, dynamic team, the Site Merchandise Manager will be expected to work well in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment. He/she must be a proven leader, self-motivated, flexible, and capable of handling both tactical and strategic assignments. He/she must be a strong cross functional collaborator, an innovative problem solver; and able to work well under pressure. Most of all, he/she must be passionate about the customer, growth, retailing, merchandising, marketing, & customer service.
- Analyze, recommend, and ensure execution of site activity to maximize conversion and average order
- Review site performance and direct the activities of team members to make appropriate adjustments to meet customer demand
- Work with Site Merchandiser on the evaluation and optimization of merchandising presentation and initiate tactics to optimize search term results
- Work with Site Merchandiser to optimize cross-merchandising, up-sells and add on accessories that create additional sales/margin and maximize customer LTV
- Review site level marketing performance and make recommendations on adjustments to keyword bidding or keyword landing pages
- Utilize deep understanding of conversion funnel at the bounce, product view add-to-cart and order levels
- Exceptional product knowledge for responsible categories
- Monitor team members’ workload, project prioritization, and execution
WHO YOU ARE:
- Must have 3+ years retail experience in site merchandising, marketing or merchandising
- Must possess 2+ years of experience in consumer-focused e-commerce environment
- Previous management experience required
- Experience with web analytics, preferred
- BA or BS degree required
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Demonstrate a strong understanding and passion for consumer-focused e-commerce
- Possess excellent analytical skills with experience using data to make decisions
- Strong ability to approach site merchandising from customer’s perspective; acts as a strong advocate for the customer; works across disciplines to drive the best customer experience solution
- Possess expert-level knowledge about site metrics, uses metrics to measure performance; consistently and regularly recommends effective actions and changes based on metrics
- Strong attention to detail
- Manage own time accurately and effectively; ability to set priorities that guide team members’ time management most effectively; assist team with task prioritization
- Possess strong cross-functional communication skills; takes a consistently proactive approach to cross-functional communication and works to continually improve and enhance cross-functional collaboration
- Actively seek out feedback from manager and peers; improve own performance based on the feedback; consistently gives effective feedback
- Be motivated and possess high energy
- Demonstrate intellectual curiosity; able to see the conceptual “big picture” for the company
- High level of integrity and maturity; set an example of constructive, positive leadership for the team
- Persuade/influence team members, sell ideas effectively, get results and follow through
- Bring ideas and solutions to issues raised; work actively with team to solve problems
- Demonstrate a high level of initiative and resourcefulness; drive consistently effective results despite lack of time or resources
- Maintain reliable and consistent attendance
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- Exciting, challenging problems to solve - you'll never have a boring day at the office
- A refreshingly fun work environment where you will collaborate with a smart and talented team of merchandisers, designers, engineers and business folks who care most about getting things done
- Unique chance to work with our family of brands: Walmart, Jet, etc.
- Opportunity to participate in the growth stage of a business
Meet Our Family of Brands