Product Manager - Measurement and Reporting
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Retail
- Team Walmart Media Group
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1658903
What you'll do at
Product Manager – Measurement and Reporting
Join the Walmart Media Group as a Product Manager for Measurement and Reporting and play a pivotal role building compelling, impactful, and scalable advertising measurement solutions designed to support the needs of the world's largest brands. The role is founded on the use of data and insights across all Walmart properties such as Walmart, Jet, Moosejaw, etc. to conceptualize, test and operationalize all measurement tools and solutions. To be successful in this role, you will need to be a data-driven innovator, influencer, problem solver and excellent communicator.
Walmart seeks a candidate who is knowledgeable and passionate about helping our advertising partners succeed across Walmart's digital advertising ecosystem. The ideal candidate will have the opportunity to heavily engage with teams across the Walmart organization. This position will work closely with Engineering and Data Science to engage with various back-end platforms that power Walmart's audience-based ad experiences and measurement. These platforms include proprietary systems like WMX (Audience Targeting) and WPA (Sponsored Search) as well as third-party partnerships including DFP, Criteo, and Appnexus. The ideal candidate will have experience with digital advertising systems and be familiar with standard reporting metrics.
Walmart Media Group is in the process of building out the next generation of Walmart advertising platforms. This role will have a significant focus on measurement, reporting, and insights, all of which will be used not only for advertiser-facing solutions but also to influence the priorities and direction of all digital ad platforms.
We are a fast growing and evolving team. Excellent cross-functional communication, analytical skills, and comfort with ambiguity and change are a must.
- Accountable for development and performance of client-facing advertising and measurement products
- Ability and willingness to work in the field with sales, partners, and advertisers to ensure market insights and advertiser needs are captured (first hand) and integrated into our platforms
- Develop PRD/Specs that detail scope, market sizing, competitive rationale, technical feasibility.
- Distill and prioritize product feedback from multiple sales and partnership channels
- Analyze product performance-evaluate and explore new strategic opportunities for revenue-driving products
- Manage products through alpha and beta tests, coordinate with cross-functional teams for product launches
- Coordinate with engineering to support LOE estimates and associated impact to roadmap GTM timing.
- 4+ years work experience in a corporate or startup environment
- Previous background in online advertising/digital media or advertising analytics
- Strong communication skills with technical, business, and external stakeholders
- Track record of influencing behavior at a variety of levels in the organization, including cross-functional leaders
- Customer-service orientation and experience in a client-facing capacity
- Demonstrated ability to drive resolution in the context of competing perspectives
- BA/BS degree
- Knowledge of the digital advertising ecosystem
- Knowledge of digital advertising measurement metrics (ROAS, brand lift, sales lift)
- Technical knowledge of digital/advertising IDs and experience with mapping