Senior Manager, Sales Training and Enablement
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Retail
- Team Walmart Media Group
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1644647
What you'll do at
Walmart Media Group is looking for an experienced sales trainer who can develop and deliver a best-in-class education experience for 200+ sales team members who deliver advertising solutions for the world’s largest retail suppliers.
Walmart Media Group is Walmart’s digital advertising solutions platform for our brand partners. Every day we work with hundreds of brands, reach millions of customers and influence billions in sales across the entire digital media landscape. The Walmart Media Group marketing team is a B2B team supporting everything from event management to advertising pre-sales material and internal education and advocacy.
As the Senior Manager of Sales Training and Enablement, you will be responsible for the content development and delivery of sales training content in both in-person classrooms and virtual learning environments. In this role, you’ll teach sales professionals across three office locations– San Francisco Bay Area, Chicago and NYC.
This role is for someone who has a natural curiosity for all things retail and advertising. We’re looking for someone who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment where priorities change frequently and where demonstration of strong communication and delivery skills will be essential.
What you’ll do:
- Map out annual training plans for curriculum programs
- Collect data in order to assess instructional effectiveness and determine the impact of training on employees skills and KPIs
- Partner with Marketing and Product teams to define sales training and enablement curriculums for WMG products and solutions, including messaging, product positioning, target clients and buyer personas
- Deliver presentations and modules at boot camps and ongoing training programs, including topics such as sales methodology and process, WMG solutions and capabilities, tools and materials for success
- Continual evaluation of sales certification processes/procedures/ enablement content; improve training effectiveness by participating in the development of new approaches, techniques, and materials.
- Provide follow up leadership and sales coaching on sales methodology post roll out to support further adoption and reinforcement, both in one-on-one and group settings
- Drives cross-functional collaboration with Enablement, Sales, Sales Operations, Marketing, Product and HR teams
- Manage the full life cycle of design, development and execution of training and enablement project and program based deliverables supporting sales enablement goals for the sales organization, specific roles and/or specific verticals
- Analyze performance of sales personnel to determine need for additional training
- Adhere to adult learning principles and sound training design
- 5-10 years of experience in sales training development and delivery
- Expert-level training and facilitation skills (both in-person and VILT)
- Sales enablement curriculum development expertise; deep knowledge of adult learning principles and end to end process to develop and deliver enablement via multiple deployment methods
- Prior years of B2B sales experience or sales management experience– preferably in complex selling environments
- Comfortable engaging and communicating with all levels – must be able to conduct needs assessments with sales leadership at the highest levels
- Strategic sales enablement planning and implementation experience
- Experience using learning development software a plus– examples: Campaign, Presenter, Connect
- Experience developing sales training curriculum for search, media, technically dense and/or data oriented products