The Tools and Equipment team is looking for an individual who can collaborate and thrive in a dynamic environment, demonstrate and foster innovative thinking, use and learn the latest tools and technology to analyze data and insights at scale, and – above all else – think every day about how to best meet the needs of our customers. The ideal candidate has a demonstrated passion for being curious, loving data, and is customer obsessed.
As a Merchandise Planning Lead, you are responsible for planning, forecasting, managing improving, improving working capital, and improving our return on assets. You will be a key team member of one of the fastest growing categories at Walmart– ensuring business plans are a “win-win” for our customers and Walmart.com. Creativity, agility and being data dependent will be paramount as you identify retail trends and synthesize information from multiple touch points – providing financial plans and supporting business solutions in a fast-paced, multi-dimensional environment.
You won’t do this alone. You will work within a world-class team of collaborative colleagues and have access to industry-leading merchandising tools and technology to help you analyze and interpret customer, partner, market, business and financial insights at scale. Your job is to bring the “art” to the “science” – using your intuition and expertise fueled by data, analytics and, above all, a passion for helping our customers save money and live better.
What You Will Do:
- Assist in the development of and executes financial plans and forecasts for one of the fastest growing categories at Walmart.com.
- Work with a world-class team to reduce overstocks and improve inventory turns.
- Develop annual operating plans for Tools and Equipment.
- Collaborates with sub-category team members (category management, site merchandising) to understand and provide input into financial plans.
- Coordinates and completes demand plans for sub-category suppliers/sellers; models future buying and inventory plans.
- Create the buying and inventory strategies for the category.
- Analyzes seasonal inventory flow plans to ensure customer demand is met and summarizes findings.
- Identify and invent new ways to scale the business.
- Analyzes financial data (e.g., seasonal inventory flow plans, forecasts against actuals) for sub-category.
- Summarizes critical performance metrics (e.g., in-stock, inventory turnover, return on investment, sales, margin, channel mix) for sub-category.
- Provides input into sub-category budgets, season buy plans and line review financials.
- Assists in the placement and validation of orders within the category. Monitors orders to ensure proper quantity and pricing.
- Coaches less experienced team members and provides feedback to enhance skills, knowledge and work performance.
- Mentors less experienced team members. Provide and supports the implementation of business solutions.
- Bachelors degree in business or related field or equivalent experience.
- At least three to six years of experience in finance, inventory replenishment, category management, site merchandising, pricing or related area.