We’re looking forward to meeting you!
Senior Frontend Engineer (React)
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department -
- Team -
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1637602
What you'll do at
Something Big Is Coming... Are you ready to do more than ever thought possible? Join us and change how the world streams. Project Storm's proprietary algorithm gives users the ability to interact with streamed media as if they are on a local device. The challenge is more than building an interactive platform or app — it’s creating something where people are connected in real-time.
It’s a mission that takes some serious smarts, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team who makes play possible.
SENIOR FRONTEND DEVELOPER | REACTJS
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Work on one of the most advanced interactive streaming platforms
- Join a team building a code-base that has minimal bugs and is test automated
- Contribute to architecture, innovation and best practices
- Grow by taking on significant engineering challenges involving massive scale
- Work in a fast-paced high growth startup environment
- Bring your learning mindset and sense of humor
- Be a key part of making our product a success
Everyone here is an innovator, or an innovator-to-be. That’s how we create the kinds of products and experiences that few ever imagine.
You’re a risk taker, a dreamer that delivers, you have and can implement big ideas with a positive attitude. You pride yourself on being the first of your friends and colleagues to know what’s happening in the world and staying “in the know.” You have a passion for Software engineering. Maybe you love gaming too!
You value being a part of a dynamic team and share skills in these areas:
- Excellent communicator and top notch problem-solver
- Senior level experience with HTML/CSS, including being able to translate Sketch designs into responsive, scalable, pixel-perfect UI
- Expert level experience with React
- Familiarity with CSS precompilers such as SASS or LESS
- Familiarity with architecture designs such as MVC/MVP/MVVM
- Familiarity with module builders like NPM/Webpack/Browserify
- Familiar with version control system such as Git, utilizing proper development workflow
- BS or higher in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with building a Netflix style UI
- Experience building scalable JS applications from scratch
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A fun work environment where you will collaborate with a smart and talented team of designers, engineers and business associates who care most about getting things done
- A robust compensation and benefits package, including flexPTO!
In our future, all content will become gamified, interactive, and tailored to each unique viewer. The song you listen to, or the video you watch will be different when you watch it vs. someone else, and you will be encouraged to interact with it instead of just sitting back and watching/listening. We aim to unleash the future of content, making high-end interactive experience available on any low-end device.
Be who you are… We like it that way! Walmart embraces and celebrates diversity in all its forms.