Senior Distributed Systems Developer - Project Storm
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department -
- Team -
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1637567
What you'll do at
Something Big Is Coming... Are you ready to do more than ever thought possible? Join us and change how the world streams. Project Storm’s proprietary algorithm gives users the ability to interact with streamed media as if they are on a local device. The challenge is more than building an interactive platform or app — it’s creating something where people are connected in real-time.
It’s a mission that takes some serious smarts, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team who makes play possible.
SENIOR DISTRIBUTED SYSTEMS ENGINEER
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Work on one of the most advanced interactive streaming platforms
- Join a team building a code-base that has minimal bugs and is test automated
- Contribute to architecture, innovation and best practices
- Grow by taking on significant engineering challenges involving massive scale
- Work in a fast-paced high growth startup environment
- Bring your learning mindset and sense of humor
- Be a key part of making our product a success
Everyone here is an innovator, or an innovator-to-be. That’s how we create the kinds of products and experiences that few ever imagine.
You’re a risk taker, a dreamer that delivers, you have and can implement big ideas with a positive attitude. You pride yourself on being the first of your friends and colleagues to know what’s happening in the world and staying “in the know.” You have a passion for software engineering.
You value being a part of a dynamic team and share skills in these areas:
- Excellent communicator and top notch problem-solver
- Senior level backend developer experience with either Ruby/Python/Golang/C++ or Java
- Experiences working with a microservices architecture
- Experience managing REST APIs
- Experience writing background services and routines
- Experience optimizing for high concurrency and low latency
- Familiar with version control system such as Git, utilizing proper development workflow
- BS or higher in Computer Science or related field
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A fun work environment where you will collaborate with a smart and talented team of designers, engineers and business associates who care most about getting things done
- A robust compensation and benefits package, including flexPTO!
In our future, all content will become gamified, interactive, and tailored to each unique viewer. The song you listen to, or the video you watch will be different when you watch it vs. someone else, and you will be encouraged to interact with it instead of just sitting back and watching/listening. We aim to unleash the future of content, making high-end interactive experience available on any low-end device.
Be who you are… We like it that way! Walmart embraces and celebrates diversity in all its forms.
We’re looking forward to meeting you!