Associate Director, Strategic Brand Partnerships & Business Development (Walmart)
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Department Marketing
- Team Marketing Analytics & Insights
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1637423
What you'll do at
Associate Director, Strategic Brand Partnerships & Business Development
We’re looking for an Associate Director, Strategic Brand Partnerships, who will play a leading role in building impactful and innovative solutions, moments, and experiences in collaboration with other brands that drive consideration and further enhance the brand perception of Walmart.
You’ll work closely with our Senior Director of Strategic Brand Partnerships, as well as stakeholders across Marketing, Retail and Operations, to pitch, develop and manage some of our most critical strategic partnerships, spearhead cross-functional deal formation efforts, and propose, evaluate and recommend potential collaborations.
Challenges you’ll be tackling
- As part of a growing team, you will help lead the effort to build partnerships for both Walmart.com and Walmart Stores. You’ll shape our partnership strategy and collaborate with various teams to cultivate new relationships with brands, organizations and innovators.
- You will act as an external and internal advocate, creating deep relationships and building new opportunities.
- You’ll be rigorous in your prioritization and management of resources and timelines as a leader in a broadly scoped role.
- Oversee and manage employee handling day-to-day business development and execution of partnerships. These initiatives will range from content partnerships with media companies, to collaborations with up and coming brands, to experiential marketing that showcases Walmart’s evolving value proposition.
- Develop innovative proposals and pitches, heavily leveraging both analytical and creative thinking. Build relationships with external parties to sell-in these ideas and then lead internal cross-functional efforts to bring them to life.
- Leverage data and insights to create partnership KPIs and track performance; liaise with partners to improve performance and optimize the relationship.
- Constantly identify areas of opportunity for partnerships and manage pipeline of inbound and outbound pitches.
How you’ll know it’s right
- If playing in a jungle gym sounds more fun than climbing a ladder…
- If you can drive results and solve problems in fun and creative ways…
- If you pride yourself on being the first of your friends and colleagues to know what’s happening in the world and staying “in the know”…
- If you wake up thinking about big bold ideas but only sleep easy knowing your i’s are dotted and t’s are crossed…
- Minimum 8+ years of work experience in a related area, preferably in a leadership position (e.g. Marketing Partnerships or Business Development, Marketing/Advertising/Digital).
- Flexible and nimble thinking with a bias for action. You move quickly and are open to taking risks. You can effortlessly move from spreadsheets to creative brainstorming.
- Experience leading large cross-functional projects, influencing teams to meet timelines and deliverable needs
- Experience working and collaborating flawlessly with brands and agencies
- Superb communication skills – you’re equally comfortable hopping on the phone with a new potential partner, meeting them in person, or following up (with a “make things happen” attitude)
- Excellent leadership skills and experience with keen focus on teamwork and project management.
- Willingness and ability to regularly travel to our other offices in Arkansas & California.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Experience with Excel, PowerPoint and Visio a must.
- You’ll get to work on one of the most entrepreneurial, creative roles at Walmart, developing a partnerships eco-system from the ground up.
- You’ll be empowered to hunt for innovative partners, structure working relationships in creative, dynamic ways and launch newsworthy collaborations.
Jet is reshaping ecommerce as we know it. Based in Hoboken NJ (just 10 min from Manhattan), we are a shopping site on the relentless pursuit to build the greatest customer experience in the world. At Jet, we believe in bold. That means taking risks, asking “why not”, looking where no one’s looked before and crushing it! Our engineers are utilizing and building world class technologies, to optimize the supply chain, remove unnecessary costs, sprinkle in some surprise and delight all while saving consumers every penny possible and we’re just getting started. At Jet, we have worked hard to build a culture that stresses the importance of learning and of sharing knowledge. If you want to be part of the team that is disrupting the shopping norm and you’re capable of smashing the status quo, we have a hunch you’d look good in purple.
Why Walmart @Jet?
In a word: impact. As part of the Walmart family of brands, you’ll be able to access the resources and scale of a Fortune 1 company, while leveraging the innovative technology and nimble environment of an early stage startup.
What we’re saying is, this isn’t your average day job. If you’re hungry to catapult ideas into action and own your career, let’s chat.
The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimaging the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.