Planning Specialist, Electronics
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Retail
- Team Entertainment
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1635417
What you'll do at
As a Planning Specialist, you are a key thought partner for the category managers and are responsible for managing sales, profit and inventory plans for a merchandise category. Creativity and agility will be paramount as you identify retail trends and synthesize information from multiple touch points – providing financial plans and supporting business solutions in a fast-paced, multi-dimensional environment.
You won’t do this alone. You will work within a world-class team of collaborative colleagues and have access to industry-leading merchandising tools and technology to help you analyze and interpret customer, partner, market, business and financial insights at scale.
About the Role
- Collaborates with sub-category team members (category management, site merchandising) to understand and provide input into financial plans
- Coordinates and completes demand plans for sub-category suppliers/sellers; models future buying and inventory plans
- Assists in the development of buying and inventory strategies for the sub-category
- Analyzes seasonal inventory flow plans to ensure customer demand is met, and summarizes findings
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Analyzes financial data (e.g., seasonal inventory flow plans, forecasts against actuals) for sub-category
- Summarizes key performance metrics (e.g., in-stock, inventory turnover, return on investment, sales, margin, channel mix) for sub-category
- Provides input into sub-category budgets, season buy plans and line review financials
Forecasting and Financial Planning:
- Creates forecast parameters and modifications and provides input into financial strategy for sub-category
- Monitors vendor/seller forecasts (for 1P and 3P). Identifies potential goals for category teams (e.g., category manager, site merchandising manager) based on forecasting. Implements new item/product forecasts.
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Assists in the placement and validation of orders within sub-category. Monitors orders to ensure proper quantity and pricing.
- Coaches less experienced team members and provides feedback to enhance skills, knowledge and work performance
- Mentors less experienced team members. Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field or equivalent experience
- One year experience in finance, inventory replenishment, category management, site merchandising, pricing or related area
- Thought partner for Category Managers
- Analyzes performance against financial plans and forecast (sales by channel, profit, marketing) for category
- Summarizes key performance metrics (e.g., in-stock, inventory turnover, return on investment, sales, margin, channel mix)
- Understands business drivers and seasonality of specific categories and items
- Provides input into category budgets, season buy plans and line review financials
- Identification of key items and suppliers, including forecast variance to inform Category Planning Manager
- Forecasts new and seasonal items, special buys and product launches
- Support OTB forecasting for category
- Coordinates and completes demand plans for suppliers and models future buying and inventory plans
- Assists in the development of buying and inventory strategies for the category
- Analyzes and communicates seasonal inventory flow plans to ensure customer demand is met
- Assists in the placement and validation of orders within a category for key items
The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.