Site Merchandising Strategy Analyst, Home
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Retail
- Team Home
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1632900
What you'll do at
Want to help change the future of online commerce? Want to help millions of people create living spaces that they love? The Home Group at Walmart eCommerce (Walmart.com, Jet.com, Hayneedle) is building a new type of customer-centric shopping experience at the intersection of content, commerce, and technology to help you find and buy things you love for your home. We are looking for an exceptional Home Site Experience Analyst to serve as a customer data and site metrics expert who will provide a holistic view of the effectiveness and real-time opportunities for all Home department programming, new product rollouts and overall page performance across the entire ecommerce ecosystem
As an analyst, you are part of the team that informs the digital strategy and provides the factual basis for future consumer experiences and site development. Our ideal candidate is a sharp, thoughtful, and collaborative problem solver, who enjoys identifying key business levers and challenges, and then building analytical frameworks to enable strategic decision making. You will provide reporting and insights to multiple aspects of the business, fusing behavioral data, business KPIs, customer analytics, and marketing metrics into actionable recommendations for the site team. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical and analytical background, as well as an intense hunger to make a significant business impact by owning and driving business outcomes. Strong time management and communication skills are critical.
- Make recommendations for optimization of the Home customer experience by utilizing the full ecosystem of data sources including web analytics, transactional data, offline data, customer comments, industry research and competitive intelligence.
- Define and drive analyses aimed at developing a deep and holistic understanding of customer needs and behavior, business performance, growth drivers, and trends.
•Model and size new business opportunities, estimate the financial impact of recommendations for prioritization as well as measure actual financial gains after recommendations are implemented.
•Frame and break down complex problems into key components, analyze large datasets to drive actionable insights.
•Develop quantitative analysis, tools, ad hoc reports, and models to support site optimization and priority decision making.
- Produce data visualization such as charts, infographic, and dashboards to communicate findings and actionable recommendations to team and leadership clearly and effectively.
Minimum Qualifications -
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in Marketing, Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science OR related field preferred or equivalent work experience
- 2 years of experience working in retail web analytics or related area.
- Proficiency with a web analytics tool (e.g. Adobe Omniture or Google Analytics).
- High proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and data visualization.
- Experience/familiarity with concepts of database design and SQL.
- Ability to adapt to change and operate in a dynamic organization.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and attention to detail is a must.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Experience working in Retail ecommerce industry or with multi-channel data strongly desired.
- Experience in ecommerce finance or planning a plus
- Able to work autonomously with minimal support
- Strong communication and negotiations skills (influencer)