Director, Marketing – Entertainment
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Department Marketing
- Team -
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1631653
What you'll do at
Director, Marketing – Entertainment (Walmart.com)
Walmart’s Marketing organization is evolving to the next generation, with a focus on providing the best online and in store experience for customers. Marketing leads planning and strategy development, customer journey, communications, as well as in store and online experience for the 140 million U.S. customers that shop at Walmart every week. Whether in store or online, Walmart is serving customers’ changing needs of retail.
About the Job
As Director of Marketing for Entertainment, you will lead a team and develop marketing for some of our largest volume categories including Electronics, Video Games and Media. You will also be responsible for helping to define and implement new Entertainment strategies that bring together content, media and commerce to create new Omnichannel experiences that delight customers.
You’ll have a unique, omni-channel hybrid role - representing the marketing organization and liaising heavily with many cross-functional partners (Retail, Marketing, Analytics, Category Experience/Product, In-Store Merchandising, Operations and Supply Chain) to create marketing plans that build awareness and drive consumer adoption of key categories and services for Walmart stores and Walmart.com.
This role requires a well-rounded marketing leader with a proven track record of driving results: you’ll flex your strategic, executional and analytic capabilities; creative judgment; and team leadership. You will partner with your GM business partners on the retail side to ensure our marketing strategies and plans are locked and loaded. Additionally, you will partner with internal paid and unpaid channel owners across SEM, SEO, Affiliates, Display & Paid Social, In-Store Merchandising, Retailtainment and CRM; as well as collaborate with external Media Partners to develop and optimize our programming. You will brief-in creative teams and judge ideas.
The ideal candidate will be able to get into the details while providing strategic marketing expertise to retail partners. S/he will have experience in digital and traditional marketing across the marketing hourglass, from awareness through conversion and retention. S/he will leverage data and customer insights to grow and optimize program performance over time. This is a unique opportunity for an innovative and strategic full stack marketer who has strong digital acumen to make an impact on a large scale.
Marketing strategy, planning, execution, creative briefing and judging (35% of time)
- Develop the company’s marketing vision for Entertainment – as well as short- and long-term plans- in line with corporate strategy and business goals; Translate the vision into a marketing strategy that drives customer acquisition, activation and retention across the business
- Develop marketing calendar and ensure alignment with retail priorities and operating plans; Lead campaign and creative briefings to support key marketing strategies
- Steer and balance marketing investment across the portfolio (e.g., categories & sub-categories, private label, marketplace, etc.) to ensure spend is aligned to profitability targets
- Lead the development and execution of 360-degree marketing programs – working closely with all core channels: paid search, SEO, affiliate, media partnerships, social media, in-store merchandising, Tab, site, mobile and more to quarterback the strategy
- Help shape Omni Seasonal programs as a key Retail Marketing stakeholder across X-CAT shopping windows (e.g., BTS/BTC, Father’s Day, Holiday, etc.)
- Deliver breakthrough creative and storytelling – partner with team to raise the bar
- Lead weekly cross-functional meetings and drive operational excellence & lead the marketing discussion during weekly/monthly/quarterly business reviews
Insights & Analytics (35% of time)
- Keep a pulse on the markets in which we play and the competitive environments, turning observations into insights and recommended actions
- Demonstrate expertise on the latest innovations and opportunities impacting the marketing landscape, our partners and our competitors through regular connection points with external media and creative partners
- Be the voice of the customer for Entertainment, deeply understanding habits, attitudes and online/offline shopping behaviors
- Use reporting dashboards to monitor our performance on a daily and weekly basis, finding areas of opportunity or enhancement; be curious and open to new ways to connect online and offline metrics to understand the impact of our marketing on operational and customer metrics
Build a high-performance, customer centric team (30% of time)
- Build a world class Entertainment marketing function that embraces innovation and delivers results. Bring new ideas, creativity, and insights to the Entertainment group across all media (digital, in-store, experiential)
- Scale a diverse marketing department by recruiting and retaining full-stack, Omnichannel marketers; manage the team to develop their marketing skill sets across all key disciplines
- Build strong relationships with retail, marketing channel partners and creative teams; proactively identify new growth opportunities and work collaboratively with other business functions to optimize go-to-market plans
- 10+ years relevant experience in B2C marketing, agency or brand management
- Proven track record of leading high-performing marketing campaigns that exceed revenue and customer targets
- Heavy experience working cross-functionally and building innovative marketing plans from the ground up
- Experience in multiple areas of performance marketing including acquisition, retention, brand, media, creative, content, product marketing and partnerships
- Strong analytical acumen
- Strong organization skills and ability to work effectively and collaboratively across a cross-functional team and go toe-to-toe with senior retail leaders
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with ability to ruthlessly prioritize
- Knowledge of and interest in customer behavior, retail, brand and direct response marketing
- BA/BS degree with strong academic record - MBA desired but not required