Advanced Analytics Manager
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department -
- Team Retail Analytics
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1621007
What you'll do at
The Advanced Analytics Manager, Yield Analytics is focused on optimizing yield across Walmart Media Group, while ensuring that our advertisers see effective and valuable delivery. In service of this goal, the team works with publishing partners and advertising clients to optimize their performance, conducts research into the publisher marketplace, and provides data and insights to guide overall product and business strategy.
This will be a hands-on role focusing on understanding Walmart.com and owned and operated sites, modeling the interaction between supply and demand, and informing tactical and strategic decisions. The ideal candidate will have a solid foundation in analytics, research and statistics, strong communication skills, and experience with ad tech
- Lead analyses to improve technical and quantitative understanding how to maximize yield for advertisers across Walmart.com.
- Make recommendations and help guide product and business decisions based on marketplace analyses and an understanding of network dynamics and long-term strategy.
- Work cross-functionally with product, product marketing, operations, and sales on optimization opportunities and insights.
- 5+ years of quantitative or statistical analysis experience.
- Bachelor's degree in an analytical field (such as Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or Economics, or Finance).
- Demonstrated problem solving experience with experience providing practical business insights from data sets.
- Experience managing multiple concurrent projects and driving initiatives in a cross-functional environment.
- Master's degree in an analytical field (such as Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or Economics, or Finance).
- Demonstrated ability to be a thought leader in an analytical environment.
- Experience working in a large consumer internet, e-commerce or social media company.
- Communication and cross-functional collaboration experience.
- Strong interest for advertising, consumer internet, and e-commerce.
- Experience with data manipulation (e.g., Hive and/or SQL) data visualization (e.g. Tableau), statistical analysis (R or Python), with the ability to code (e.g., PHP).
The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimaging the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.