Client Insights Marketing Manager
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Retail
- Team Walmart Media Group
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1617929
What you'll do at
The Walmart Media Group is looking for a Client Insights Marketing Manager who can marry storytelling with compelling, provocative insights that help our sales teams capture the hearts and minds of our key business audiences. As a strategic storyteller, your primary role will be developing core sales narratives and creating data-driven content that brings Walmart Media Group’s value proposition to life to influence our key audiences. You’ll work in partnership with the Sr Manager, Brand as the resource for marketing intelligence, sales materials, custom presentations and category development. Additionally, you will be responsible for collaborating with our marketing insights team to create insightful and compelling content leveraging first-party and third-party data. You will support our programs across a group of vertical categories including insurance, tech/telco, beauty, fashion, CPG and many more. The ideal candidate for this role will be a team player who has experience working on a cross-functional team and is able to respond quickly to changing business needs, priorities and timelines. In addition, candidates for this role will be creative, analytical, charismatic, and exceptionally well-versed in the latest sales and marketing techniques as well as tried-and-true practices. Experience working on advertising products and an understanding of B2B marketing strategies and tactics is preferred.
Walmart Media Group is Walmart’s advertising platform for brands, uniquely designed to reach hundreds of millions of U.S. shoppers across their entire shopping journey. We connect billions of shopping behaviors to real transactions (both online and in-store), and help marketers truly understand how their marketing drives results.
Specially, we’re looking for ambitious, fun, creative, people-oriented folks who are truly willing to roll up their sleeves to solve business challenges in creative and structured ways (no lie, you might not have sleeves by the end of this).
- Liaise with Insights team to derive key shopper insights to be leveraged for case studies and collateral
- Ideate Walmart Media Group strategy and story based on research analysis and insights.
- Serve as a consultative point of expertise for additional select sales-focused materials and narratives across multiple teams, ensuring global organizational alignment with our strategic positioning and the data that supports it.
- Package a business-forward message in a powerful narrative that influences and inspires the most discerning marketers in the advertising industry.
- Work in partnership with marketing insights team to create insights-led content and sales presentations
- Utilize all resources to create effective, persuasive and compelling sales materials, customized for client or vertical – with the goal to produce the best possible materials for clients and the sales team you support.
- Perform and provide research from syndicated sources in a digestible format to position products and services in the smartest way, highlighting competitive strengths in the marketplace and overcoming any objections raised by client.
- Be a strategic partner for the sales team, developing big ideas and appropriate thought-provoking materials that help generate business.
- Manage the expectations of the sales team and prioritize requests based on opportunity and deadline.
- Proficiency with day-to-day RFP process in a media-type environment; comfortable working across and seamlessly with multiple departments as well as independently, whether on a single or dual-brand project
- 5+ years of experience working in a marketing or advertising capacity using skills commensurate to the responsibilities listed above.
- Ability to think both strategically and creatively, using deep understanding of our customers to craft the messages and content that will sway them.
- Exceptional writing skills; demonstrated ability to craft long-form articles, client-facing talking points, and short, pithy advertising copy.
- Outstanding communication, teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Growth mindset; always looking to learn, improve and understand.
- Strong organizational and time management skills; proficient at balancing multiple workstreams and projects.
- Excels in fast-paced and dynamic environment; track record of working successfully across complex cross-functional teams.
- Deep understanding of the marketing, media and digital advertising landscape.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office, especially PowerPoint and Excel.
- Experience with syndicated research tools like MRI, ComScore, Nielsen