Retail Merchandise Planner - Baby
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Retail
- Team Everyday Living
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1612851
What you'll do at
Walmart US eCommerce is currently looking for a Merchandise Planner for our Baby department.
You will identify retail trends and synthesize information from multiple touch points – providing financial plans and supporting operational recommendations. You will lead the communication and implementation of multiple high priority projects and initiatives across the Baby team
You will also be responsible for managing inventory, planning and forecasting for high-growth, complex merchandise categories – ensuring that your assortment, price and availability are a “win-win” for our customers and Walmart US eCommerce. You will play a key role in bringing together teams including buying & merchandising, marketing and supply chain. Your job is to bring the “art” to the “science” – using your intuition and expertise fueled by data, analytics and, above all, a passion for helping our customers save money and live better.
What you’ll be working on
You won’t do this alone. You will work within a world-class team of collaborative colleagues and have access to industry-leading merchandising tools and technology to help you analyze and interpret customer, partner, market, business and financial insights at scale. Your job is to bring the “art” to the “science” – using your intuition and expertise fueled by data, analytics and, above all, a passion for helping our customers save money and live better.
- Demonstrate up-to-date expertise in merchandise planning and replenishment and apply this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Maintain and execute financial plans and open-to-buy (OTB) forecasts for category.
- Lead seasonal buy process across the category.
- Collaborate with Supply Chain Replenishment team to support item-level replenishment within complex and high-growth merchandise categories
- Evaluate category inventory and identify, propose and help execute optimization strategies to improve inventory efficiency and category financials
- Partner with Retail team (merchandising, buying) and Marketing to develop and execute strategies for category optimization
- Provide and support the implementation of business solutions
- Model compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
You’re a risk taker, a dreamer that delivers, you have and can implement big ideas with a positive attitude. You pride yourself on being the first of your friends and colleagues to know what’s happening in the world and staying “in the know.” You have a passion for planning and are analytically minded. You want to be a part of one of the fastest growing ecommerce companies around where the only constant is change and you have these main skills:
- Expert level experience using Excel, intermediate to advanced SQL experience.
- Applied experience with large datasets.
- Strong problem-framing, problem-solving and project management skills, with the ability communicate insights to management teams.
- Strong customer service focus and team collaboration skills.
- 3+ years experience in planning, buying, replenishment, finance or related field required.
- At least 2 years in a business analyst role and/or experience in a retail environment is preferred
- Planners should be available to work nights and weekends when necessary to achieve specific deliverables, especially during the November/ December timeframe.
Walmart eCommerce is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. With some of the brightest minds in technology, merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission. Backed by the world’s largest retailer, Walmart eCommerce is a growing family of brands including Walmart, Jet, Hayneedle, Moosejaw, Shoes.com, and more. And we’re just getting started