Senior Director of Product - WMG Customer Data Platforms and Advertising Technology
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Retail
- Team Walmart Media Group
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1610101
What you'll do at
Want to change the face of digital advertising? Interested in reimagining how the world's most extensive omnichannel consumer database can be used to power targeted campaigns for the industry's largest brands? We are rethinking digital advertising here at Walmart and are looking for some great people to help make this happen.
At Walmart, we enable the connection between brands and shoppers at an unprecedented scale. Did you know that 95% of American's shop at Walmart every year? That Walmart processes over 160M transactions per week? That Walmart has over 4700 stores in the US? This is a unique opportunity to join a high-visibility team that's poised to have a significant impact on the organization. Anchored by the world's most extensive retail audience database, we help brands target, deliver and measure digital advertising that drives omnichannel sales. We believe all digital advertising can be targeted and accountable - and we have Walmart's sales data to prove it.
We're looking for a Senior Director of Product to take a leadership position on the team, helping to reimagine the way we empower brand advertisers to reach and activate their audiences.
Effective communication, maintaining a partnership mindset and being a strong collaborator is foundational to the success of this role. The role reports to the VP of product and innovation within Walmart Media Group and will interface heavily with engineers in Walmart Labs, marketing technology, retail category leads and the Customer Experience group. The role will focus on 1) Developing a clear and actionable strategy that brings the power of Walmart’s first party data to life for our suppliers (as advertisers) 2) Building, motivating and managing a team of high performing product managers; and 3) Scaling our platforms and the omni-channel customer graph that powers it.
- Strategic planning and execution supporting the development Walmart’s audience graph, segmentation and targeting platforms, reporting and measurement platforms, ad serving initiatives and self-service/ad manager platforms.
- Audience/Identity graph development and strategy, planning and optimization
- Creation, prioritization, and implementation of functional specs, PRDs and business justification docs
- Development of rational and trackable product roadmaps
- Significant integration and coordination with engineering organization
- Interface with vendors, partners, and clients on technical and project matters from project initiation through delivery
- Organize cross-functional activities ensuring that the program/project is completed on schedule and within budget constraints.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Information Systems, or related field and five years experience in product management, business consulting, or related field Five years of experience in product development or related role
- 10 years of experience in the ad tech or advertising industry
- Adept at building products using the Agile mode of Product development.
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity.