Product Manager, Partner Payments
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Department -
- Team -
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1607943
What you'll do at
As a product manager within the Retail Core Engine you’ll have a once in a lifetime opportunity to influence the behavior of hundreds of millions of consumers. You will be challenged to deliver innovation at scale balanced with operational frameworks to ensure consistent performance. You’ll work in a close partnership with engineering to define a roadmap, maintain agility, and navigate to delivery through any set of constraints.
Walmart's Partner Services team drives on-boarding and on-going business success of Walmart’s thousands of suppliers, drop-ship vendors, and 3rd party Marketplace sellers. We’re looking for a product manager who can help us drive the vision and implementation of a next generation suite of partner tools and services that transform the way our partners do business with Walmart and our customers.
This role will be a key member of the Marketplace Partner Services team with a focus on the development of a reliable Partner payment platform in accordance with the recent trends in the payments industry.
The individual will collaborate with other product managers, architects and engineers to lead discussions on different areas that impact payments including - P&L tracking, performance and metrics tracking, fraud detection and compliance.
- Expertise in products and technologies that are required to bring scalable and global payments solutions to market
- Ability to conceptualize big picture and then break it down to user stories.
- Drive product implementation in an agile development environment
- Ability to collaborate across geographical areas and cross functional teams
Manage communications and expectations with cross-functional partners and senior leaders in order to align resources and prioritization.
- 2-4 years of experience in product management, preferably in e-commerce.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Strong passion for creating and designing intuitive, user-centric products
- Understanding of Payment Card Industry (PCI) and Personally Identifiable Information (PII) guidelines and strategies
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Ability to interpret large bodies of qualitative and quantitative data to uncover new product insights
Experience of leading the delivery of highly available, scalable systems on time