Senior Content Strategist
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department -
- Team -
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1601466
What you'll do at
About The Job
Walmart Marketplace is looking for a versatile Senior Content Strategist to help shape a compelling and authentic voice for the Marketplace seller community. The Senior Content Strategist will help craft narrative frameworks that bring Walmart Marketplace to life for prospective sellers and engage our existing seller base. This position will write for print and digital platforms, providing a distinct, cohesive brand voice to support clear content strategy for targeted audiences. The successful candidate will be: adept at multiple writing approaches, whether knocking out snappy headlines for social ads or crafting crisp how-to copy for an online registration page; a natural interviewer and resourceful reporter with excellent communication skills and business acumen. Ideal candidate should be a meticulous fact-checker and expert copyeditor; and a big-picture strategist who can envision how each post or piece fits into a broader effort to build engagement and trust with our audiences.
As a Senior Content Strategist, you will support content development process and suggest creative ways to attract and to engage with Marketplace sellers with promotion of our highly respected brand.
- Express a cohesive brand narrative across multiple print and digital platforms to build excitement about Walmart Marketplace, convey its strengths, and increase engagement with prospective and existing sellers. Vehicles include web, email marketing, digital advertising, print, video/audio scripts, blog posts, and more.
- Craft authentic, vibrant copy that highlights Walmart Marketplace value proposition and tells our brand story with personality and purpose. Edit all content for accuracy and voice.
- Partner with Branding and Marketing Manager on the overall content strategy to support all Walmart Marketplace marketing initiatives, including go-to-market partnership plans, new product/program launches, best practices educational and seasonal projects.
- Handle a diverse range of other B2B writing and editing projects as needed.
- Stay current with Marketplace best practices, new product/program launches, emerging technologies, and trends; share insights with internal partner teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, journalism, advertising, English or a closely related field.
- 5 years of writing experience with a creative agency, in-house team or media company.
- Demonstrated experience developing and maintaining a written “voice” for a brand, with a clear sense of what is authentic to both the company and the audience.
- Demonstrated creativity in writing for multiple digital and print vehicles, and in nimbly adapting content to suit the strengths of different platforms.
- Experience working with business or strategy teams to develop and execute effective B2B marketing campaigns.
- Knowledge of and interest in business strategy and objectives, with the ability to translate this understanding into content that is meaningful and actionable for audiences.
- Excellent grammar and proofreading skills with scrupulous attention to accuracy.
- Experience with content/customer management and measurement tools, such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Google Analytics, or others.
- Energetic, resourceful and self-directed team contributor, with the ability to both collaborate effectively and work independently to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, fluid environment
- Provide a link to an updated portfolio
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Working knowledge of multimedia software, such as Adobe Creative Suite, and of HTML/CSS a plus.
- Experience with CMS (Wordpress, HubSpot, etc).
- Advanced PowerPoint skills and working knowledge of cloud-based content development tools (Venngage, RawShorts) is a plus.
- Understanding marketing analytics and website metrics is a plus.