Manager, Internal Communications
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Retail
- Team Walmart Media Group
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1587876
What you'll do at
The Walmart Media Group is looking for an experienced story-teller with the ability to weave together several complicated ideas and translate them for an internal audience with a variety of backgrounds and levels of experience (from recent college grads to executives with 20+ years of experience in retail!).
Walmart Media Group is Walmart’s digital advertising solutions platform for our brand partners. Every day we work with hundreds of brands, reach millions of customers and influence billions in sales across the entire digital media landscape. The Walmart Media Group marketing team is a B2B team supporting everything from event management to advertising pre-sales material and internal education and advocacy.
As the Manger of Internal Communications, you will develop and manage regular communications with our internal partners across Walmart, building awareness and advocacy of our capabilities and initiatives. We’re looking for someone who can coordinate several streams of information, and present them in a way that’s easily accessible and understandable by partners who may have no advertising background.
In this role, you will identify gaps in communication and create solutions to close them. You will drive awareness and advocacy of Walmart Media Group by sharing updates from our team, product announcements, etc. Most importantly, we’re looking for someone who can strategically communicate with our internal partners at the right time and in the right way.
Specially, we’re looking for ambitious, fun, creative, people-oriented folks who are truly willing to roll up their sleeves to solve business challenges in creative and structured ways (no lie, you might not have sleeves by the end of this).
- Develop and manage regular communication for Walmart Media Group and our internal partners across Walmart
- Coordinate several streams of information, weaving complex ideas into a story that can be easily understood by a diverse internal audience
- Develop tools and resources that allow internal communication to be streamlined and easily accessible
- Measure internal communications to determine their effectiveness
- Help manage feedback loops between our internal partners, disseminating the information to the appropriate teams within Walmart Media Group
- Help manage the intake of communication requests from various teams within Walmart Media Group
- Manage email and other communications
- Work side-by-side with the Manager of Onboarding and Training to develop strategies for communication and training on new products, processes, systems, etc.
- Strong written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communication, marketing or related field
- Must be excellent at interviewing peers and telling a compelling story. You must be able ask the right questions and in-turn, share that information in a way that is engaging and makes people want to read it.
- Must be a problem-solver who can identify the root cause of a communication gap and be strategic in solving it
- A craving to learn
- Background in corporate or internal communications
- Ability to think analytically (experience in communication measurement is a plus!)
- Experience in graphic design
- Knowledge of marketing and/or digital marketing