Want to help change the future of online commerce? Want to create distinctive and highly-relevant shopping experiences for millions of shoppers on a daily basis? Walmart is building a new type of customer-centric shopping platform at the intersection of content, commerce, and technology, to deliver the most seamless shopping experience to our customers.
We are looking for a Manager, Cross-Category Site Merchandising to support the piecing together of our ‘one-stop-shop’ cross-category merchandising strategy. We are currently seeking a dedicated and detail-oriented eCommerce Site Merchandiser. The eCommerce Site Merchandising Manager will report to the Sr. Manager, Cross-Site Operations & Analytics and be responsible for managing cross-category shopping experiences.
- Builds and maintains cross-category shopping experiences, including curating cross-category assortment to increase discoverability and drive customer consideration and basket building
- Demonstrates an aptitude in Site Merchandising skill sets; understanding of product merchandising & attribution, strong aptitude in organization and process as well as the ability to navigate through multiple tool executions and data dependencies.
- Reviews analytics to provide data-driven recommendations to category managers and other cross-functional partners on assortment and merchandising strategy to optimize customer experience
- Ability to review a competitive landscape and leverage learnings to drive business improvements.
- Ensures SEO value is maximized by using best practices and proper implementation of clear-text, alt-text, SEO copy blocks, canonical URLs and re-directs.
- Tests and evaluate the effectiveness of merchandising strategies; refines as part of continuous improvement process.
- Encourages an environment of operational excellence and flawless execution to achieve a best in class site experience.
- Leads the analysis of patterns and recommends modification of site features to product teams and cross-functional partners to fit the needs of the customer
- Identifies and executes A/B testing opportunities to improve customer experience. Reads results and makes recommendations to partners.
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity.
- Bachelor degree in business or related field or equivalent experience
- 3 - 5 years of experience in e-commerce or retail merchandising
- Analytical and process-oriented, comfortable making data-driven decisions
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a cross-functional team and willingness to take on responsibilities outside primary job description when necessary
- Adaptable and demonstrates initiative in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- Keen attention to detail
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- 2+ years of experience in site merchandising
- Experience with HTML and Analytics tools (Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics) a plus
- Experience with A/B testing and helping construct marketing campaigns tests.
- SEO experience
- Ability to “be the customer” in order to improve site experiences