Walmart Home Editorial Writer
The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimaging the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
The Walmart US eCommerce Home team is currently looking for an Editorial Writer to bring the home story to life with beautiful and engaging storytelling. This person will be responsible for creating and developing content that will engage and inspire our customers, including blog posts and informational buying guides. They will also write campaign copy for new collections and brand launches, reinforcing the voice of Walmart Home while adhering to brand guidelines.
This position requires excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to make sound judgements in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate should possess a knowledge of home furnishings trends and a tasteful eye for aesthetics and styles with the ability to tell inspirational stories that evoke customer demand.
What You Will Get to Do:
- Craft authentic, vibrant editorial content about lifestyles trends, design and home decor that enable consumers to achieve their decorating aspirations.
- Assists Editorial Program Manager with content creation for the Walmart Home editorial blog
- Partners with SEO team to understand trends/optimize content for SEO
- Collaborates with marketing & affiliates partners on influencer posts
- Crafts engaging campaign copy, optimized for digital channels
- Curates imagery to accompany editorial blog posts
- Researches industry trends to inform content and speak with expertise and authority about home furnishings
- Maintains a cohesive brand narrative across digital platforms including the Walmart Home editorial blog, web & more.
- 1-2 years of experience writing for blog, digital, magazine, or more
- A Bachelors’ degree in Writing, Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or related field or equivalent relevant experience.
- Excellent writer and verbal communicator
- Previous eCommerce writing experience preferred
- An interest in home decorating preferred, experience writing for home ideal
The Walmart eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in technology, merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.