Planner, Women's Fashion
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Department Retail
- Team Fashion
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1564716
What you'll do at
The Walmart.com/Jet.com Merchandising Team is looking for individuals who can collaborate and thrive in a dynamic environment, demonstrate and foster innovative thinking, use and learn the latest tools and technology to analyze data and insights at scale, and – above all else – think every day about how to best meet the needs of our Fashion customers. The ideal candidate has a demonstrated passion for managing a dynamic fashion business, team, and cross functional partners as they will be working with several groups across the organization and will have ownership over a large portion of Walmart Ecommerce’s Fashion business.
As a Fashion Merchandise Planner, you are responsible for managing inventory, planning and forecasting for high-growth, complex merchandise categories – ensuring that assortment, price and availability are a “win-win” for our customers and Walmart.com/Jet.com. Creativity and agility will be paramount as you identify retail trends and synthesize information from multiple touch points – providing financial plans and supporting business solutions in a fast-paced, multi-dimensional environment.
You won’t do this alone. You will work with a world-class team of collaborative colleagues and have access to industry-leading merchandising tools and technology to help you analyze customer, partner, market, business and financial insights at scale. In addition to bringing the “art” to the “science” of retailing, we’re also counting on you to share your Fashion planning knowledge and expertise with your team and foster a collaborative and supportive environment.
- Coordinates, completes, and oversees job-related activities and assignments for merchandise planning and inventory management
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Maintains and executes financial plans and open-to-buy (OTB) forecasts for Merchandise Department; Oversees the placement and validation of buys within high-growth merchandise categories and departments and ensures maximization of financial metrics (sales, profit, turns etc) in close partnership with the category management and supply chain teams
- Reviews sales and profit forecasts against actual results to ensure key financial metrics on the category P&L are met and summarizes issues/discrepancies. Provides input on key metrics for other category teams.
- Analyze and evaluate impact of key variables on business performance. Provides input into models, analysis, and evaluation of the impact of key variables (e.g., shipping promotions, rollbacks, seasonal campaigns) on business performance.
- Manages demand plans/inventory strategies; Reviews and approves inventory projections and buying strategies.
- Manages placement of orders; Provides input into assortment, pricing and shipping decisions. Provides input into purchasing recommendations for category management counterparts.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams across the organization (Category Management, Site Merchandising, Finance, Marketing) to assist in the development of category financial plans and budgets
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field or equivalent experience
- One or more years of experience in finance, inventory replenishment, category management, site merchandising, pricing or related area
- 2-4 years of ecommerce experience is preferred
- At least 1 years of experience in planning, buying, replenishment, finance or related field required.
- Planners should be available to work nights and weekends when necessary to achieve specific deliverables, especially during the November/ December time frame