Senior Director of Ad Innovation
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Retail
- Team Walmart Media Group
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1547175
What you'll do at
The Senior Director Ad Innovation will define, design and develop new revenue generating advanced advertising products that live at the emerging intersection of media and commerce. This is a new role within Walmart Media Group (WMG) and will be a foundational driver of the WMG team. You will build and lead a team of creative and business minded individuals that will create and execute on new experiences that weave technologies like AI, AR and video to create new, full-funnel, omnichannel ad products, platforms and programs. These programs will be designed to entertain, inform and influence shoppers across the Walmart ecosystem, driving brand awareness and conversion both on-line and in-stores. This role will also be responsible for identifying key partners and technology platforms that will accelerate the growth of the business. Through close collaboration with cross-functional teams, you will play an important role in the company’s success, with a huge opportunity for significant personal and professional growth.
Reporting to the VP of Product and Innovation, the ideal candidate for this role is a creative and strategic thinker, analytical, detail, results-oriented, has excellent problem-solving skills, and a strong work ethic. You’re customer focused and know how to deliver exceptional experiences for customers. You’re a highly motivated self-starter with a deep understanding of both advertiser and shopper needs, competitive landscape, and understand how to deliver an amazing experience for customers. You’re an excellent communicator, building strong cross functional relationships and excel at working across departments, and easily collaborate with Business Partners, User Experience, Project Managers, Research, Engineering and Analytics teams.
- Lead market assessment, quantitative analysis, qualitative feedback, and represent the voice of the market internally with Product Management and Engineering
- Work cross-functionally with partner teams across multiple locations so communication, collaboration, and organization are key to your success
- Research on trends and patterns in market: perform industry research and competitor product analysis. Must know the trends and customer needs, but also drive new and innovative solutions that unlock the capabilities of Walmart’s digital and physical experiences as its core differentiator
- Build and lead a team of product minded advertising and/or commerce savvy individuals
- Develop business justification in support of the development and rollout of these new solutions/programs
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the broader retail advertising ecosystem to develop strategic product feedback and positioning
- Support the definition, development and delivery of an integrated ad product vision, strategy and go-to-market for new products and programs that live at the intersection of advertising and omni-channel commerce.
- Influence product strategy and in-product communications through relevant consumer, industry and product insights, driving alignment across teams.
- Provide competitive analysis to identify new opportunities.
- Tackle complex problems with a creative and strategic mindset, and create thoughtful recommendations and action plans for solving those problems.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- BA/BS (MBA Preferred)
- 10+ years of experience in product marketing, product management or related field for internet, commerce, ad-tech, or consumer technology
- Creative product and/or product marketing experience
- Ability to work against tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment keeping a keen eye on detail and accuracy.
- Positive, open-minded attitude, able to thrive working with cross-functional teams, with a willingness to learn are important for this position.
- Exceptional communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a results-oriented mindset
- Thrives in and enjoys a highly-collaborative, face-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Strong project management and time management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook).
The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimaging the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.