Site Merchandising Specialist - Home (Private Brands)
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Retail
- Team Home
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1542212
What you'll do at
Want to help change the future of online commerce? Want to help millions of people create living spaces that they love? The Home Group at Walmart eCommerce (Walmart.com, Jet.com, Hayneedle) is building a new type of customer-centric shopping experience at the intersection of content, commerce, and technology to help you find and buy things you love for your home. As a Site Merchandising Specialist Home (Private Brands) you are responsible for executing a best in class customer experience through effective site merchandising strategies and execution. You will be directly responsible for elevating the experience for Walmart’s Private Brands and will execute business solutions in a fast paced, multi-dimensional environment, collaborating with site merchandising, creative and product development team members. Strengths in organization and process balanced with a creative eye are critical.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and the ability to apply site merchandising best practices to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans to improve customer experience and conversion.
- Executes the visual merchandising and seasonal site strategies of private brands while providing results insights leveraging customer based analytics.
- Leverages insights and performance
- Works closely with the Product Development Manager and Category Manager to align on business priorities, launch schedules and site merchandising strategies to drive increased exposure of Private Brands.
- Maintains a strong vision for future site improvements driven by passion for delighting our customers.
- Exhibits aptitude of competitive landscape and leverages to drive business improvements.
- Encourages an environment of operational excellence and flawless execution to achieve a best in class site experience.
- Ensure SEO value is maximized by using best practices and proper implementation of clear-text, alt-text, SEO copy blocks, canonical URLs and re-directs.
- Works closely with the creative team, providing direction based on business priorities, seasonality and Site Merchandising insights.
- Works with manager to understanding customer feedback, analyze trends and develop insights to optimize customer experience and drive performance.
- Bachelor degree in business or related field or equivalent experience
- Ability to quickly learn tools and programs.
- Proficiency with Microsoft excel
- Ability to identify and manage priorities with very little supervision
- Must have Omniture or other site analytical experience
- 2+ years of relevant retail experience
- At least 1 year of experience in consumer-focused e-commerce environment
- Prior Site Merchandising experience
- Experience with writing creative briefs
- Search and SEO experience
- Ability to “be the customer” in order to improve site experiences.
- Technical background with a strong creative element
- Analytical and process-oriented, comfortable making data-driven decisions
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a cross-functional team and willingness to take on responsibilities outside primary job description when necessary
- Adaptable and demonstrates initiative in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- Keen attention to detail