Site Merchandising Specialist - Home
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Retail
- Team Home
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1541849
What you'll do at
As a Site Merchandising Specialist in Home, you are responsible for defining strategy, planning and executing a best in class customer experience through effective site merchandising tactics. You will be directly responsible for optimizing the site experience for Home leveraging cross functional partnerships to define priorities, analytics as the voice of the customer and competitive research to understand what is happening in the space. A successful candidate will be highly analytical and data driven as well as have passion for product and merchandising. Strengths in organization and process balanced with a creative eye are critical. You will need to create business solutions in a fast paced, multi-dimensional environment, collaborating with cross-functional business leaders to drive business objectives and influence strategies.
About the Role
Category Review and Monitoring:
- Recommends site merchandising performance metrics for a low-to-moderately complex category and notifies category managers of variations in results.
- Proactively requests new analytics from Retail Analytics function.
- Reviews reports of site traffic and patterns and performs insightful analytics to determine areas for optimization to drive conversion rates.
- Partners with category teams to analyze category performance for a low-to-moderately complex category and advises on where changes to visual presentation may enhance sales conversion rates.
- Works closely with campaign and program leads and cross-functional partners (e.g., Category Management, Pricing, Marketing, Engineering) to align on strategies and plans for a low-to-moderately complex category.
- Serves as an advisor and partner to category manager, identifying potential enhancements or changes based on knowledge of the category, industry trends and customer behaviors.
- Coordinates, completes, and oversees job-related activities and assignments.
Customer Experience Optimization:
- Applies knowledge of customer behaviors and decision making and contributes to the development of the strategy for site features and functionality (including what makes the category unique) for a low-to-moderately complex category.
- Oversees evaluation of customer reviews, analyzes trends and patterns, and provides insights regarding buyer group preferences to optimize customer experience and drive category performance.
- Leads the analysis of patterns and recommends modification of site features to category managers to fit the needs of the customer.
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity.
Visual Merchandising Presentation:
- Oversees the visual merchandising presentation for a low-to-moderately complex category to best respond to customer demand and convert visits into sales.
- Directs the display of and approves product attributes, images and content, and ensures proper taxonomy and attribution.
- Understands market best practices for visual merchandise displays and builds plans to reflect first class presentation of products within categories.
- Bachelor degree in business or related field or equivalent experience
- Three years related experience
The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.