Senior Operations Manager
- Location BRONX, NY
- Department Operations
- Team Operations
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1538168
What you'll do at
Senior Operations Manager
Jet.com, a subsidiary of Walmart ecommerce is seeking an experienced associate for our fast-paced Fulfillment Center in Bronx, NY. The ideal candidate has led a large, high-volume warehouse distribution/fulfillment center operation and has a progressive track record of driving operational efficiency and results. Exceptional interpersonal team leadership skills are essential as you’ll oversee a staff of hourly associates and up to five Operations Managers.
The Senior Ops will work with the Director/General Manager to lead and champion daily operations, quality, safety, and team development in our Bronx, NY Fulfillment Center as well as locally supported satellite facilities. This leader will be capable of leading Jet’s Bronx, NY team today and scale to meet our vision for 2020 and beyond.
What we are looking for:
- Bridges execution and strategy development, translates the functional strategy into functional and/or team goals, independently owns the roadmap for functional area and/or team, analyzes and diagnoses issues, develops recommendations to influence the functional strategy; Leverages cross-functional knowledge and partnerships to drive change.
- Trusted to make tough calls, requires limited guidance, translates corporate and functional strategy into department goals and objectives, ensures team decisions are consistent with functional strategy; demonstrates advanced level thinking, creates structure for projects/programs; defines priorities for self and team.
- Champions Jet values across the organization
- Builds his/her team's business acumen, expertise and leadership skills.
- Provides feedback transparently and acts as a champion for his/her team(s), mentors those with less experience and is a peer coach to new hires.
- Positioned to drive innovation and change within his/her team or area. Understands the value of risk taking; promotes experimentation and innovation.
- Executes Jet’s talent strategy, holds a high bar for talent on the team, trusted to assess talent to the Senior Ops level.
- Is fully committed to upholding our high cultural bar, participates in interviews and champions the Jet and Walmart ecommerce brand and culture both internally and externally.
- Support multiple shifts and teams within the Fulfillment Center
- Ensure safe, efficient warehouse facility operations by advocating safety training & accident preparedness
- Meet or exceed volume and department productivity goals
- Have the ability to analyze and make staffing adjustments to respond to work flow
- Development and implementation of short term and long-range goals and operational plans to achieve site objectives, while maintaining and continuously improve cost-efficiency and facility performance
- Actively coach, counsel, challenge and inspire staff to facilitate growth and development
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships across all levels and departments in order to implement strategic solutions
- Foster and reinforce a positive, collaborative environment that respects and values diversity
- Develop individuals and share positive and constructive feedback to ensure that team members understand the connection between development tools and their performance
- Support and drive daily planning and site objectives to ensure organizational consensus
- Ensure all processes execute to Jet standards of quality, efficiency and cost
- Evaluate existing operational process and identify CI opportunities to drive improved performance, cost and customer experience
- Lead entire building in the absence of the Director and participate in network-wide or company-wide activities as a representative of the site
- Champion a positive and safe work environment for all teams and maximize leadership engagement across the facility to preserve and ensure a union-free environment
- 7-10 years of related experience directly reporting to Senior Leadership
- Experience overseeing large, diverse teams of hourly associates and exempt leaders
- Strong reasoning, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to interpret and communicate policies and procedures clearly
- Fulfillment/Distribution Center Operations or Plant Management expertise
- Excellent presentation skills
- P&L responsibility experience
- Strong leadership ability
- Excellent client relationship management
- Strong computer skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Superior project management skills
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to prioritize tasks