Senior Manager of Strategy and Development
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Retail
- Team Walmart Media Group
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1533071
What you'll do at
About Walmart Media Group
Want to change the face of digital advertising? Want to re-imagine how the world's largest omni-channel consumer database can be used to power targeted campaigns for the largest brands in the world? We are rethinking digital advertising here at Walmart and are looking for some great people to help make this happen.
At Walmart, we enable the connection between brands and shoppers at unprecedented scale. As primary stewards of our brand promise, “Save Money. Live Better,” we work alongside some of the most talented people in the world to engage with the more than 150M households who shop with us. Did you know that 9 out of 10 people in the U.S. shop at Walmart every year? This is a unique opportunity to join a high-visibility team with a big impact on our omni-channel business. Anchored by the world's largest retail audience database, we help brands perfect point-of-purchase advertising, delivering media performance coupled with best-in-class targeting and reporting. We believe all digital advertising across search, display, video and experiential can be targeted and accountable to retail sales -- and we have Walmart's sales data to prove it.
About the role:
The Senior Manager of Strategy & Development is a project-based, consultant-like position on the new Walmart Media Group strategy team. This small team is focused on WMG inorganic growth opportunities, and this role will work across a variety of acquisitions scoping, partnership execution, competitive analysis and business development areas. The role reports to the VP of Strategy and supports several functions:
- Analysis and evaluation of strategic options for growth, including customer and competitor insights, technology assessments, business cases to ensure the leadership team has the right strategic conversation
- Ownership of cross-functional workstreams for the execution of new opportunities, from the investigation stage to full execution and hand-off.
- Competitive analyses of industry trends to identify strategic and operational risks and enterprise strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- Negotiating contracts with vendors and partners, including gathering business requirements, engaging with legal and privacy-security teams.
- Financial modeling of opportunities to build-buy-partner in the advertising business. Building and maintaining comprehensive models of the ad industry and competitors to guide executive decision-making.
Exact position projects and job responsibilities will vary depending on timing and experience. Example responsibilities as follows:
- Contributes to the development, incubation and execution of approved corporate strategic projects and new business opportunities across functions, divisions and in-country operations
- Develop strategic fact base to highlight macro and consumer trends, key competitors and new entrants, compelling business models, disruptive/emerging technologies and translate these into insights and implications for Walmart
- Manage complex research, analyses, & financial models to drive business case development for key strategic focus areas.
- Work collaboratively with business unit partners and corporate support teams to drive enterprise strategy execution and partner on segment or functional strategy projects.
- Shape and support crafting the messaging of executive leadership content for high profile meetings
- Contributes to the mergers and acquisitions (M&A;) process
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects for WMG Strategy
- 4+ years of strategy experience, preferably within investment banking / mergers & acquisitions, management consulting, or corporate development/strategy within a consumer internet/technology company
- 3 years’ experience leading cross-functional projects
- 2+ years of business development or strategic partnerships experience in advertising, e-commerce, or retail