Forecasting & Resource Planning Analyst - Partner Operations
- Location SALT LAKE CITY, UT
- Department Member Services
- Team Workforce Management
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1530880
What you'll do at
About Walmart eCommerce
The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimaging the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
About Partner Operations
The Partner Operations department includes a team of associates who provide a variety of technical and operational support for suppliers, vendors, and merchants (our partners) who are selling products Walmart eCommerce marketplaces.
Forecasting & Resource Planning Analyst
You will be responsible for providing the Workforce Management Capacity and Budget Planning, Forecasting, and Scheduling for a multi-site environment supporting our Partner Operations Department. Our analyst will be expected to strive to influence department level strategic decisions through data research and collaboration with various senior stakeholders. The ideal candidate will possess both an analytical background that enables them to support capacity and resource planning, as well as demonstrate the ability to think broadly and strategically about past, current, future operational initiatives. You will experience a wide range of problem-solving situations where extensive data collection and careful analysis are required. Our analyst will work in lock-step with multiple business teams including our HR business partners, finance leadership, partner onboarding/acquisition, and various Partner Operations’ leadership team members across both Salt Lake City, UT and San Bruno, CA locations.
What does the Forecasting & Resource Planning Analyst do?
- Build out & maintain budget, capacity, and staffing/resource planning recommendations
- Provide statistical forecasting to predict future contact volumes, seasonal demand, and other time-variant data based on need
- Completion and coordination and oversight of ad hoc analysis and team initiatives and projects
- Create, publish and effectively communicate information and analysis measuring workforce operations performance to identify key areas of concentration and potential improvements to the operating environment. This includes improving the forecasting models, staffing models, executive/management reporting, data/reporting used for workforce planning and analysis
- Develop working relationships with other departments to ensure success
- Participate in cross-functional teams to leverage workforce processes / management, strategic planning and other operational methodologies and tools
- Automation of existing partner operations department functions that impact forecasting/volumes, process documentation, and drive recommendations for improvement based on data analysis
- Coaching and/or development of less tenured analysts supporting scheduling and real-time analytics
- Perform root-cause analysis for issues (i.e., missed SLAs, targeted understaffing, consistent abnormalities in volume projections variances, etc.) and identify corrective actions
- Secondary department point of contact for implementation, maintenance, and enhancement of processes supporting Partner Operations resources
- Collaborate with & occasionally lead peers within and outside of the Partner Operations WFM team
- Stay abreast of the latest developments, best practices and trends in Workforce processes and operations
What are the eligibility requirements?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics or finance-based field, or two years’ experience substituted for each undergraduate year of study is preferred
- Minimum of two years’ experience forecasting or planning
- Previous experience within WFM for support center environment preferred. (Inbound call and eCommerce environment preferable.)
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of key call center performance metrics such as service level, AHT, adherence, utilization, etc.
- Familiar with forecasting and scheduling concepts (Aspect specific experience preferred)
- Very comfortable in Excel with ability to use: Power Pivots, Power Query, VBA Macro’s
- Self-Starter and Problem Solver
- SQL Knowledge
- Specific Erlang C experience / knowledge
- Long Term planning / capacity planning
- Financial planning / reporting experience
- Creates formal networks involving coordination across multiple groups
- Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new/special assignments
- Monday - Friday, 9-5:30 (Start time can be flexible.)