Senior Manager, eCommerce Cross-Site Merchandising
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Retail
- Team Walmart Media Group
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1526709
What you'll do at
About Walmart US eCommerce
Want to help change the future of online commerce? Want to create distinctive and highly-relevant shopping experiences for millions of shoppers on a daily basis? Walmart is building a new type of customer-centric shopping platform at the intersection of content, commerce, and technology, to deliver the most seamless, engaging shopping experience for our customers.
We are looking for a Senior Manager, eCommerce Cross-Site Merchandising to support our ‘one-stop-shop’ merchandising strategy for all seasonal events and cross-category campaigns by leading the relationship with assigned retail categories to inform campaign merchandise strategies, business goals, site experience and analytics based decision making to drive sales. By collaborating with cross-functional teams including category merchants, site merchandisers, digital marketing, product and engineering teams, analytics, supply chain and operations, you will ensure the timely and successful delivery of campaigns that achieve sales and profitability goals and an exceptional customer experience.
What You Will Get To Do
- Strategize: Lead quarterly strategy planning sessions to align category merchants, marketing, creative and product operations teams in order to exploit eCommerce and Omnichannel sales and profitability potential through cross-category campaigns. Provide supplier insights to advertising sales team to drive ad revenue during key campaigns.
- Competitive Analysis: Identify emerging trends and innovation and use this information to refine and improve on our cross category offering and site experience. Leverage Customer Insights to derive market share opportunities for assigned categories
- Analyze: Know the business; what to maintain, emerging trends and opportunities to grow. Build and automate effective dashboards and reports. Influence decisions through application of financial and site data. This includes assessment of sales forecasts, customer journey and conversion metrics, profitability goals, growth and new business opportunities.
- Plan Seasonal and Cross-Site Campaigns: Provide analytics-based recommendations on wireframes, click streams and site content placement priorities for cross-category and seasonal campaigns to drive full funnel traffic and conversion that meets established business goals. Carry out “Actual vs. Plan” historical analysis of financial KPIs per campaign and leverage insights to improve future campaigns. Provide verbal and written communication to cross functional teams on analytical subject matter including site analytics and campaign financial reporting.
- Curate: Ensure optimal customer experience through Product List Management governance and coordination – provide campaign guidelines for product curation and vet product lists submitted by retail merchant teams to ensure campaign cohesiveness, pricing strategy and sales objectives are met. Set methodologies for consistent customer experience through landing page execution, curation and algorithmic rankings, product boosts, etc.
- Operate and Communicate: Develop operational plans for the execution of product assortment, site merchandising, and campaign activation (in partnership with the marketing leads and product teams). Plan and manage visual merchandising placements across the site supporting seasonal activities (in partnership with the site experience activation teams). Develop a communication cadence and plan, follow up, and hold people accountable.
- Collaborate: Manage and influence a cross-functional group across Walmart and Jet.com’s category management, finance, marketing, site experience, advertising, supply chain, engineering, stores and customer support teams for all major events. Ensure transparent 2-way communication to ensure all teams are aligned on strategy and execution plan.
- Optimize: Drive traffic and funnel conversion through effective cross-category customer journeys and clickstreams, search and navigation, content placements, product curation, cross sell and personalization relevancy. Drive strategic pivots during campaigns to meet campaign goals and lead in the competitive landscape.
- Drive Operational Efficiency: Assess our planning process objectively and support the business in finding the most efficient ways of working, recommending ways to improve on an ongoing basis. Improve efficiencies with info gathering – simplify “product list” curation process through consistency and automation
- Share Best Practices: Train and develop cross-functional teams through knowledge sharing and collaborative development of processes and analytics
- Grow Responsibly: Drive incremental GMV while managing margin mix, showcase and balance relevant categories, brands and products. Incorporate supply chain and inventory management strategies into overall planning.
- Integrate: integrate brand advertising initiatives into experiences to support strategy and overall messaging. Plan holistically for brand objectives in conjunction with Walmart category and customer expectations.
- Direct: Provide direction to different teams to activate campaigns
Who You Are
- Collaborative: Piecing together multiple categories, ideologies and business objectives can be challenging. You must be someone who has strong communication and team work skills.
- Bleed Numbers: you are highly analytical and enjoy digging into the details (including top and bottom-line sales results, conversion, engagement, etc.)
- Strong Communicator: you have the ability to communicate effectively across multiple disciplines (from marketers to merchants to technical business owners)
- Organized: You are a planner at heart, able to coordinate messaging across multiple business units
- Influence: You will be required to engage across various teams and functional areas to drive results.
What We Can Offer
- Opportunity to operate in one of the most dynamic industries in the digital landscape
- Highly engaging, first-hand experience supporting cross-category management of a business at massive scale
- Exciting, challenging problems to solve – you’ll never have a boring day at the office!
- A refreshingly fun work environment where you will collaborate with a smart and talented team of marketers, designers, engineers and business experts who are focused on getting stuff done
- Opportunity to help drive unprecedented growth of at Fortune One start-up
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree with a strong academic background
- Bias to action. Whatever challenge you face, you find a way to solve it
- Self-Starter – you have a “founder’s mentality” and are driven by the desire to serve our customers by helping them save money so they can live better.
- Strong attention to detail; drive the business and perfect the customer experience
- Strong knowledge of eCommerce and Retail Merchandising KPI's
- Advanced Data Analytics and Data Visualization skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Advanced Adobe Omniture or Google Analytics analysis
- Strong communication and team work skills. Nothing big can be accomplished standing-alone in front of a computer
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- 5+ years experience in Retail Buying, Site Merchandising, Digital Marketing, Merchandise Planning, eCommerce Operations & Analytics or related field
- Experience leveraging consumer insights and marketshare analysis
- Content Management Systems, Retail Merchandising Systems, Item Files,
- Familiarity with Wireframes and site development processes
- Open to working in an ambiguous environment. You are a fundamental building block to a growing organization
- Negotiation and persuasion skills
- Fast learner; absorbing information and experiences and applying them