Manager, Cross-Site eCommerce Operations
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Retail
- Team Walmart Media Group
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1524531
What you'll do at
About Walmart US eCommerce
Want to help change the future of online commerce? Want to create distinctive and highly-relevant shopping experiences for millions of shoppers on a daily basis? Walmart is building a new type of customer-centric shopping platform at the intersection of content, commerce, and technology, to deliver the most seamless shopping experience to our customers.
We are looking for a Manager, Cross-Site eCommerce Operations to support the piecing together of our ‘one-stop-shop’ cross-category merchandising strategy. We are currently seeking a dedicated and detail-oriented eCommerce Operations Manager. The eCommerce Operations Manager will report to the Sr. Manager, Cross-Site Operations & Analytics and be responsible for day-to-day operations on Walmart.com as well as support Jet.com and larger-scale digital projects. In addition to coordinating site marketing and promotions, the eCommerce Operations Manager will be the go-to person for day to day cross-site operations. The eCommerce Operations Manager will become an expert in all internal e-commerce systems in order to support new product launches and customer-facing digital projects. This individual will work cross-functionally with many facets of the organization and partner closely with the Retail, Merchandising, Marketing and Technology teams to drive business.
What You Will Get To Do
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Provide cross-functional leadership. Owns the end to end cross-functional work plans and deadlines. Define processes and communicate deliverables for consistently smooth execution of seasonal, micro and cross category moments across functions including Marketing, Retail, Supply Chain, Price, etc.
- Know the business. Collaborate with category teams on strategic growth. Identify key categories to maintain and grow for each ‘moment’ and govern priorities for exposure
- Plan: Set operational plan and communicate deadlines. Envision cross-site execution of pages and merchandising execution. Set KPIs and performance targets for campaign
- Communicate: Establish central knowledge base and collaboration model with cross-functional teams to execute campaigns, maintain Confluence pages
- Train: Be the expert on site functions, new page types, microsites, app experiences. Organize training for key players on new features and execution plans for key campaigns
- Execute: Lead site launch meetings and hold key players accountable for on-time deliverables
- Measure Success: Use campaign performance, cross-functional performance, operational results, and behavioral site metrics to Analyze performance of campaign and provide reporting to teams; Recommend process changes for future and deliver against key business priorities.
- Optimize: Collaborate with the SEO team to optimize performance and execute strategies. Provide ADA compliance governance and ensure consistent usability across site experience
- Personalize: Align with marketing and personalization teams on strategy and execution to deliver relevant recommendations and optimize conversion
- A/B Testing: Align with Content and Marketing teams on A/B testing opportunities. Read & react, report on results and recommendations for go forward plans
- Define Tools and Processes: Work smarter. Develop processes and provide requirements to develop the tools needed to streamline list management, curation and x-site execution
- Site Enhancements: Define key enhancements to support end users, shopping experience and cross-site campaign strategies. Communicate requirements to product teams, test and execute through retail and marketing teams
- Director, Cross-Site Editorial Content
- Omnichannel & Seasonal Marketing
- Cross-Site Merchandising and Operations
- Homepage/Email team
- Global Site Operations team
- Retail Engine Product UX Team
- Personalization/CRM Team
- Walmart Media Group
- Supply Chain
Who You Are
- Set and Achieve Standards: you are a results oriented, process strong, self-driven professional. Ensure the integrity of the online systems and information through implementation and maintenance of established system management practices, processes and controls
- Collaborative: Piecing together multiple categories, ideologies and business objectives can be challenging. You must be someone who has strong communication and team work skills
- Bleed Numbers: you are highly analytical and enjoy digging into the details (including top and bottom-line sales results, conversion, engagement, etc.) with an understanding of data and engagement metrics and the ability to apply insight to online experiences
- Strong Communicator: you have the ability to communicate effectively across multiple disciplines (from marketers to merchants to technical business owners). Experienced in managing multiple remote partners from scope of work to creative productions, with a keen focus on development of forward-looking user experience strategies Strong communication and team work skills. Nothing big can be accomplished standing-alone in front of a computer
- Technically Savvy: Ability to liaise with IT teams to ensure owned platforms and content management systems support strategic UI vision for the group and its content needs
- Organized: You are a planner at heart, able to coordinate messaging across multiple business units. Excellent project management skills, including experience with content management systems and digital campaign integration. You coordinate and monitor the production of all online content and assets, diving into development & content management as needed. Strong attention to detail; drive the business and perfect the customer experience
- Influence: You will be required to engage across various teams and functional areas to drive results. Tenacity for managing and communicating detailed plans, goals and execution strategies and follow-up to ensure flawless execution. Bias to action. Whatever challenge you face, you find a way to solve it
What We Can Offer
- Opportunity to operate in one of the most dynamic industries in the digital landscape
- Highly engaging, first-hand experience supporting cross-category management of a business at massive scale
- Exciting, challenging problems to solve – you’ll never have a boring day at the office!
- A refreshingly fun work environment where you will collaborate with a smart and talented team of marketers, designers, engineers and business experts who are focused on getting stuff done
- Opportunity to help drive unprecedented growth
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor degree in Marketing, Communications, Business Administration or related field or equivalent experience.
- 3-5+ years ecommerce operations experience
- Strong project and site operations skills and keen understanding of website development process
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint and Confluence
- Knowledgeable in wire-framing tools, storyboards, user flows, and site mapping
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills with the ability to balance competing priorities
- Experience with HTML and Analytics tools (Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics) a plus
- Mathematical aptitude and problem-solving skills to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions
- Knowledge of Agile and Scrum processes
- Experience working with enterprise-class Web content management
- Must be detail-oriented and deadline driven, with strong organizational and time management skills
- Self-motivated and adaptable – a team player!
- The ideal candidate will demonstrate superior written and verbal communication skills Experienced in ecommerce marketplace environments and multiple product categories
- Proven track record of working and influencing cross-functional teams
- Ability to coordinate and execute multiple projects on tight deadlines.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-volume environment and adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Open to working in an ambiguous environment. You are a fundamental building block to a growing organization
- Experience with A/B testing and helping construct marketing campaigns tests.