Site Merchandising Manager, Baby
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Retail
- Team Everyday Living
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1510578
What you'll do at
As a Senior Site Merchandiser in Baby, you are responsible for creating a best in class customer experience through effective site merchandising tactics. You will be directly responsible for optimizing the site experience for Baby leveraging cross functional partnerships to define priorities, analytics as the voice of the customer, and competitive research to understand what is happening in the space. A successful candidate will be highly analytical and data driven as well as have passion for product, merchandising, and leadership. Strengths in organization and process balanced with a creative eye are critical. You will need to create business solutions in a fast paced, multi-dimensional environment, collaborating with cross-functional business leaders to drive business objectives and influence strategies.
About the Role
- Recommends site merchandising performance metrics for a moderately complex category and notifies category managers of variations in results
- Proactively requests new analytics from Retail Analytics function
- Reviews reports of site traffic and patterns and performs insightful analytics to determine areas for optimization to drive conversion rates
- Partners with category teams to analyze category performance and advises on where changes to visual presentation may enhance sales conversion rates
- Works closely with campaign and program leads and cross-functional partners (e.g., Category Management, Pricing, Marketing, Engineering) to align on strategies and plans for the Baby category
- Serves as an advisor and partner to category manager, identifying potential enhancements or changes based on knowledge of the category, industry trends and customer behaviors
- Coordinates, completes, and oversees job-related activities and assignments
Customer Experience Optimization
- Applies knowledge of customer behaviors, including decision making and purchase behavior, and contributes to the development of the strategy for site features and functionality (including what makes the category unique)
- Oversees evaluation of customer reviews, analyzes trends and patterns, and provides insights regarding buyer group preferences to optimize customer experience and drive category performance
- Leads the analysis of patterns and recommends modification of site features to category managers to fit the needs of the customer
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Coaches team members and provides feedback to enhance skills, knowledge and work performance
- Directly manages and mentors category Site Merchandising Specialists
- Have performance and career development conversations
- Maintains team motivation and engagement
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
Visual Merchandising Presentation
- Oversees the visual merchandising presentation to best respond to customer demand and convert visits into sales for the category
- Directs the display of and approves product attributes, images and content, and ensures proper taxonomy and attribution
- Understands market best practices for visual merchandise displays and builds plans to reflect first class presentation of products within categories
- Bachelor degree in business or related field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of retail merchandising experience
- 1-3 years management experience
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- At least 2 years of experience in consumer-focused e-commerce environment.
- Technical background with a strong creative element.
- Must have Omniture or other site analytical experience.
- Experience with writing creative briefs is a plus.
- Search and SEO experience