Director, Cross-Site Editorial Content
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Retail
- Team Walmart Media Group
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1502321
What you'll do at
About Walmart US eCommerce
Want to help change the future of online commerce? Want to create distinctive and highly-relevant shopping experiences for millions of shoppers on a daily basis? Walmart is building a new type of customer-centric shopping platform at the intersection of content, commerce, and technology, to deliver the most seamless shopping experience to our customers.
We are looking for a Director, Cross-Site Editorial Content and strategic planner to support the piecing together of our ‘one-stop-shop’ cross-category merchandising strategy. This person will lead the strategy, development, creation and optimization of cross-site evergreen and seasonal storytelling with editorial content and UI/UX aimed at driving consumer engagement and conversion at point of purchase.
What You Will Get To Do
- Strategize: Lead the strategy development, creation and distribution of cross-category editorial content aimed at consumer engagement and bottom-of-funnel conversion
- Analyze: Use consumer data, campaign performance and behavioral metrics to develop editorial programs that are best-in-class, personalized to consumer segments and deliver against key business priorities.
- Define the Experience: Instill brand messaging that is consistent across all platforms, conveys a modern, yet accessible approach to merchandising, establishing Walmart US Ecommerce as an authority in what every shopper needs during key moments.
- Storytelling: Translate category manager priorities into compelling editorial content that drives demand, especially around business drivers, vendor & product launches, special collaborations, or other key initiatives. Identify key trends, stories and curated "magazine" content for evergreen and seasonal cross-site campaigns that will translate into sales and drive demand across all product categories.
- Collaborate with Cross Functional Teams: Work closely with the Category Managers, Creative, Marketing and Site Operations team to align on quarterly Identify key trends, content opportunities and maintain a seasonal editorial calendar.
- Collaborate with Marketing: on omnichannel and seasonal content calendar planning. Prioritize category placements and recommend entry points/links in line with business goals for dedicated cross-site experiences, email planning. Solidify deadlines for creative submissions and approvals. Work with email and social media team to collaborate on integrated messaging & storytelling that creates a seamless customer experience.
- Align Marketing and Advertising Teams: Work with Seasonal Marketing and Walmart Media Group to help build and maintain a seasonal editorial calendar that aligns key category and supplier content placement strategies.
- Create: Collaborate with the Creative and Editorial Copy teams on "best in class" storytelling through brand right imagery, copy and overall site aesthetic.
- Operate and Communicate: Develop operational plans for the execution of product assortment, site merchandising, and campaign activation (in partnership with the marketing leads). Plan and manage visual merchandising placements across the site supporting seasonal activities (in partnership with the site experience activation teams). Develop a communication cadence and plan, follow up, and hold people accountable
- Design UI/UX: Work closelywith the Site Operations team to ensure optimal customer experience through featured shops within the site taxonomy. Define clickstream journey, landing page execution, and key deliverables for consistent, compelling and authentic storytelling
- Operate and Communicate: Coordinate operational plans for the execution of product assortment, site merchandising, and campaign activation (in partnership with the marketing and cross-site leads). Plan and manage visual merchandising content placements across the site supporting campaign activities (in partnership with the site experience activation teams). Develop a communication cadence and plan, follow up, and hold people accountable
- Execute: Recruit and manage a team of freelance content producers, as well as self-produce content as needed
- Omnichannel & Seasonal Marketing
- Cross-Site Merchandising and Operations peers
- Homepage/Email team
- Social Media team
- Global Site Operations team
- Retail Business Units
- Retail Engine Product UX Team
- Personalization/CRM Team
- Walmart Media Group
Who You Are
- Entrepreunerial: Entrepreneurial spirit and unrepentant creativity for online storytelling
- Collaborative: Piecing together multiple categories, ideologies and business objectives can be challenging. You must be someone who has strong communication and team work skills.
- Bleed Numbers: you are highly analytical and enjoy digging into the details (including top and bottom-line sales results, conversion, engagement, etc.) with an understanding of data and engagement metrics and the ability to apply insight to creative
- Strong Communicator: you have the ability to communicate effectively across multiple disciplines (from marketers to merchants to technical business owners). Experienced in managing multiple remote partners from scope of work to creative productions, with a keen focus on development of forward-looking strategy
- Technically Savvy: Ability to liaise with IT teams to ensure owned platforms and content management systems support strategic vision for the group and its content needs
- Organized: You are a planner at heart, able to coordinate messaging across multiple business units. Excellent project management skills, including experience with content management systems and digital campaign integration.
- Influence: You will be required to engage across various teams and functional areas to drive results. Tenacity for trying new types of storytelling and taking creative risks online
- Storyteller: Experienced in telling stories through digital landing pages, shoppable videos, shoppable photos and multimedia packages. Journalistic mindset and passion for uncovering and bringing to life the ‘deeper story’across multiple product categories
- Connected: Deep connections to the editorial community with a proven track record in sourcing and managing freelance talent
What We Can Offer
- Opportunity to operate in one of the most dynamic industries in the digital landscape
- Highly engaging, first-hand experience supporting cross-category management of a business at massive scale
- Exciting, challenging problems to solve – you’ll never have a boring day at the office!
- A refreshingly fun work environment where you will collaborate with a smart and talented team of marketers, designers, engineers and business experts who are focused on getting stuff done
- Opportunity to help drive unprecedented growth of at Fortune One start-up
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
- 10+ years digital experience. Strong multimedia storytelling projects a plus
- Bachelor degree in business or related field or equivalent experience
- Experience in journalism and/or content strategy; a supporting portfolio of digital content
- Experience managing freelance talent
- Bias to action. Whatever challenge you face, you find a way to solve it
- Strong attention to detail; drive the business and perfect the customer experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Strong communication and team work skills. Nothing big can be accomplished standing-alone in front of a computer
- The ideal candidate will demonstrate superior written and verbal communication skills as well as having a strong multi-category point of view including fashion, home, electronics, entertainment and professional, consumer product goods
- Minimum 7+ years in an editorial or digital content marketing role, experience in fashion a plus
- Experienced in digital content planning/ editorial calendars
- Proven track record of working and influencing cross-functional teams
- Ability to coordinate and execute multiple projects on tight deadlines.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-volume environment and adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Open to working in an ambiguous environment. You are a fundamental building block to a growing organization