Senior Systems Engineer
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Department Technology
- Team Infrastructure
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1502183
What you'll do at
Jet.com is currently searching for a systems engineer to manage audio/video at its corporate office locations. This role will be responsible for deployment, operational excellence and monitoring of all audio/video solutions. This role will also support integration efforts with parent and sister companies. This position will play a pivotal role in the fast paced growth and innovation happening at Jet.
An individual must be able to successfully perform the essential functions of this position with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Builds technology roadmaps which are incorporated into system platforms by working with subject matter experts; collaborating with technical experts and Architects; coordinating the evaluation of Customer and supplier solutions; reviewing and presenting recommendations relative to Customer and supplier solutions and services; and researching and presenting information about new technologies.
- Coordinates system changes with Customers and other system areas by ensuring testing and validation; overseeing upgrades and release schedules for products; evaluating the environment; representing the area on divisional councils; and reviewing changes before and after production installations.
Ensures Customer service levels by aligning Customer needs with supplier and infrastructure team capabilities; driving issue resolution to root cause; driving Customers and suppliers to resolve issues related to products in accordance with service level agreements; ensuring issues are documented; leading escalation procedures; and managing Customer expectations.
- Leads team tasks by making assignments to team members; reporting updates on projects; tracking and reporting time spent on projects; substituting for manager in manager's absence (for example, leading team meetings); assisting in the resolution of team conflicts; developing written and oral presentations for diverse audiences (for example, management, customers, suppliers, technical staff); participating in budgeting for the team (for example, acquire supplier maintenance quotes, resource projections, create capital expenditure request (CER)); holding team members accountable for compliance with standards; and recognizing team accomplishments.
- Leads the development of system solutions, within the guidelines identified in the Information Systems Development Life Cycle (ISDLC), that have high availability and scalability consistent with Customer needs by setting technical direction; collaborating with technical experts and architects; ensuring requirements are met to support implementations; ensuring development of system documentation; and leading solution reviews.
- Mentors and develops Associates by assigning specific work to develop particular knowledge areas; helping Associates with technical competencies; teaching technologies through informal and formal mentorship both inside and outside the team; providing technical expertise through multiple methods (for example, town halls, classrooms, collaboration sites); and providing subject matter expertise for applications and infrastructure projects.
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
An individual must be proficient in each of the competencies listed below to successfully perform the responsibilities of this position.
- Customer/Member Centered: Meet Internal and External Customer/Member Needs - Identifies the requirements, expectations, and needs of customers/members. Supports and aligns with initiatives, goals, and actions focused on improving customer/member service. Addresses the concerns and issues of internal and external customers/members. Uses customer/member data, analyses, and insights to improve customer/member-related decisions.
- Judgment: Demonstrate Professional Judgment - Researches and integrates relevant information and data, and uses expertise to make recommendations or decisions. Identifies and applies sound, fact-based criteria in setting priorities and making decisions. Uses business measures and analyses to identify improvement opportunities. Probes and looks beyond symptoms to determine the root causes of problems and identify possible solutions.
- Execution and Results: Focus on Execution and Results - Aligns and pursues work activities to achieve the mission and business priorities of the organization. Shares information, practices, and resources across functions, organizations, and locations to improve performance. Effectively uses existing processes and tools to achieve performance objectives. Uses and explains major process steps to manage time, resources, and challenges to meet goals.
- Planning and Improvement: Plan for and Improve Performance - Develops and implements plans, practices, and processes to better achieve organizational goals. Develops contingency plans to manage or eliminate potential problems. Identifies and recommends ways to continually improve and streamline processes and practices.
- Influence and Communicate: Build Influence - Develops and presents logical, convincing reasons in support of one's perspectives and initiatives. Proactively shares relevant information and timely updates with appropriate people. Listens attentively and asks questions to ensure understanding. Researches information for and prepares documents and presentations that effectively convey relevant information in a timely manner.
- Ethics and Compliance: Model Ethics and Compliance - Complies with policies and procedures. Demonstrates ethical performance. Supports efforts to enforce compliance with policies and procedures.
- Adaptability: Adapt Professionally - Demonstrates creativity and strength in the face of change, obstacles, and adversity. Adapts to competing demands and shifting priorities. Updates and shares knowledge and skills to keep current in one's area of expertise. Embraces change and supports its implementation.
- Build Relationships: Form Relationships - Builds trusting, collaborative relationships and alliances across functional and organizational boundaries. Relates to others in an accepting and respectful manner, regardless of their organizational level, personality, or background. Collaborates with people from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and functional areas to discover new perspectives.
The following physical activities are necessary to perform one or more essential functions of this position.
- Enters and locates information on computer.
- Presents information to small or large groups and individuals.
- Communicates effectively in person or by using telecommunications equipment.
- Creates documents, reports, etc., using a writing instrument (such as a pencil or pen) or computer.
- Visually verifies information, often in small print.
- Reads information, often in small print.
- Bachelor of Science and 4 years systems engineering experience OR Master of Science and 3 years systems engineering experience OR PhD OR 6 years of experience.