Director of Process Improvement and Analytics
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department -
- Team Member Service Operations
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1492799
What you'll do at
Walmart Customer Care leads the way in shaping the future of customer service and experience for Walmart, Jet, Hayneedle and other affiliated brands by striving to deliver world-class support to our customers in the most seamless, efficient way regardless of how our they shop with us or contact us.
The Director, Process Improvement & Analytics will play a proactive role in developing strategies and analyses to improve customer satisfaction, develop more efficient processes and provide insight-driven understanding of our customer interactions. The role reports to the Chief of Staff of Walmart eCommerce Customer Care and will require collaboration with key partners and stakeholders in Customer Experience, Marketing, Supply Chain, Retail and Engineering.
What you’ll do
The Director, Process Improvement & Analytics will lead a project management and analytics team in identifying, scoping and executing operational improvement initiatives for Customer Care leveraging data analysis, research, collaborative problem-solving and accountability to drive towards best practices. He or she will work with our contact centers, order management, fulfillment, product management and other stakeholders to address complex issues, assess customer needs and recommend changes to business processes (e.g., process efficiency, remove redundancy, introduce automation, improve self-service). He or she will become a strong advocate for reducing customer friction and increasing customer satisfaction, as well as enhancing tools for our customer service agents.
- Solve complex problems from root cause analysis to solution development through formal methodology and can coach/train others on this process.
- Design, drive and perform operational analysis of business processes and systems.
- Act as an internal consultant to lead, define, and develop continuous improvement activities; drive and track these projects to successful completion.
- Lead collaborative problem-solving efforts to improve quality of customer service and eliminate inefficient processes; Partner with cross-functional teams for identification of dependencies and coordination of supporting functions to ensure successful implementation.
- Develop compelling business cases to drive buy-in and adoption of solutions.
- Document and institutionalize the use of controls, metrics, reporting and scorecards to ensure lasting project benefits and behavior change; Leverage best practices across the Walmart affiliated brands.
- Align on a roadmap of future strategic processes or systems for Customer Care, based on customer insights, business metrics or market trends and develop long-term plan to bring these initiatives to fruition.
- Develop executive presentations and reports to highlight success stories and address organizational obstacles
- 6+ years in operations, supply chain, management consulting and/or strategy; at least 3 years in consumer products, retail and/or e-commerce
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering, Operations, Business or analytical discipline
- Extensive experience with project leadership
- Demonstrated leadership in operations or process improvement disciplines
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills and an ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, develop business cases, and complete root cause analyses
- Ability to work effectively as an individual and part of a team, meet tight deadlines and prioritize workloads in a fast-paced environment
- Strategic thinker who can see/understand the big picture, develop new ideas and think through creative solutions
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams, develop strong, influencing relationships and use analytics to support storytelling.
- Self-sufficient ability to execute analysis from data extracted from source data systems
- A curious nature, passion for problem-solving and bias towards action
- Comfortable with ambiguity in a rapidly growing and changing environment.