Associate Product Manager, Product Catalog
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Department -
- Team -
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1492539
What you'll do at
Associate Product Manager, Product Catalog
This role is part of the Retail Core Engine Product team (see description below) and operates at the intersection of Search and Catalog. Its mission is to enable great search and browse experiences by building machine learning-powered products that connect what customers want to our rapidly growing Catalog of items.
As an Associate Product Manager on the Catalog Product team, you will interface with multiple functions including engineering, data science, and operations. You will work with key stakeholders on the merchandising side and help drive the vision, strategy, roadmap and execution of Catalog services that enable customers to discover all our items across multiple journeys.
You will work on critical Catalog functions including product classification, attribute extraction, data normalization, and analytics.
Who are you:
- You are an extremely talented product manager with a drive to learn, grow and solve tough problems at scale.
- You have outstanding written and verbal communication skills that enable you to simplify complex problems and evangelize a strategy and roadmap to stakeholders.
- You have basic understanding of data science with a strong focus on execution.
- You are comfortable working with large datasets and drawing conclusions using statistical methods.
- You are a proactive problem solver who operates effectively and independently, even in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity.
- You have a “customer first” approach to solving problems.
- You empower and inspire those around you to take action and innovate.
- 1-3 years of Product Management experience.
- Base knowledge of Machine Learning. Data Science Background preferred.
- Self-directed, well organized and proactive.
- Strong interpersonal skills and leadership potential.
- Positive attitude, sense of humor and growth mindset.
About the Retail Core Engine:
Our team builds the technologies that empower shoppers to have an experience that is best in class across a multitude of devices, product categories and fulfillment options. We partner closely with Retail Leadership to ensure the experience from Supplier to Customer is seamless. As a product owner within the Retail Core Engine you’ll have a once in a lifetime opportunity to influence the behavior of hundreds of millions of consumers at the world’s largest retailer. You’ll be challenged to deliver innovation at scale balanced with operational frameworks to ensure consistent performance. You’ll work in close partnership with engineering to define a roadmap, maintain agility, and navigate to deliver through any set of constraints.
As the backbone of Walmart’s US E-Commerce Retail Business you’ll have exposure to:
- Thousands of Suppliers who rely on our technology to maximize their performance.
- Millions of customers who shop on Walmart’s US-Ecommerce Properties (Walmart.com, Jet.com, Hayneedle, Modcloth, Moosejaw, Bonobos, Shoes.com and more).
- A diverse set of leaders who represent the best and brightest in omni-channel commerce.
- All aspects of the lifecycle that powers a multi-billion dollar business… partner experience, supply chain, product catalog, search, tooling, consumer experience.
- The ability to influence the direction of one of the world’s largest companies. The only constraint is your vision and passion to execute.
About Walmart US eCommerce
Walmart U.S. eCommerce is comprised of Walmart.com, Jet.com, Hayneedle, Shoes.com, Moosejaw, VUDU, ModCloth & Bonobos. Here, innovators incubate next gen e-commerce solutions in real-time. We integrate online, physical, and mobile shopping experiences for billions of customers around the globe. How do we do it? We continuously build and invest in new technology including open source tools and big data innovations. The world's largest retailer is also the world's largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic ecommerce organization. We are creating a seamless experience that lets customers shop anytime and anywhere using online, mobile, social and stores. Walmart’s mission is to become the smartest way to shop and save on pretty much anything. Combining a revolutionary pricing engine, a world-class technology and fulfillment platform, and incredible customer service, we’ve set out to create a new kind of e-commerce.