Director, Fulfillment Operations
- Location BRONX, NY
- Department Operations
- Team Operations
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1485717
What you'll do at
About the Job
Jet is seeking a site Director for our Fulfillment Center (FC) in Bronx, NY. As a site Director, you are responsible for ensuring smooth day to day operation of a single or multiple departments within the Fulfillment Center. This position requires excellent communication skills, leadership, persistence, and the ability to motivate your team. You will be responsible for managing and developing a large team of managers and associates.
- Leadership of large teams (200+ associates) or specific business units within the FC
- Hire, coach, mentor, and manage performance of associates Identify and drive opportunities for continuous improvement in safety, quality, service and productivity
- Identify and drive opportunities for continuous improvement in safety, quality, service and productivity
- Assist in workforce planning and strategy for the Fulfillment Center
- Escalate issues to appropriate department heads or teams
- Collaborate with support staff (Talent, Finance, Facilities, Safety, IT and other) to build and secure support and resources for projects and initiatives in their area, as well as providing needed support and resources for other staff initiatives
- 7+ years of Operations, Fulfillment or Distribution experience managing large teams of salaried and hourly staff (up to 200 employees or more)
- Strong experience with creating performance metrics and process improvements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Operations or related field; Graduate Degree is a plus.
- Strong leader that creates a positive and high performing team through open communication and empowerment
- A natural focus on business results and creating clear goals and deliverables that are aligned with Jets growth strategies
- Can work in an ambiguous environment, remove obstacles, and drive persistence and innovation
- Acts as a mentor and coach to their team and focuses on everyday development
- Builds a sense of shared ownership and accountability
- Jet’s mission is to become the smartest way to shop and save on pretty much anything. Combining a revolutionary pricing engine, a world-class technology and fulfillment platform, and incredible customer service, we’ve set out to create a new kind of e-commerce. At Jet, we’re passionate about empowering people to live and work brilliant.
About Jet’s Internal Engine
- We’re building a new kind of company, and we’re building it from the inside out, which means that investing in hiring, developing, and retaining the brightest minds in the world is a top priority. Everything we do is grounded in three simple values: trust, transparency, and fairness. From our business model to our culture, we live our values to the extreme, whether we’re dealing with employees, retail partners, or consumers. We believe that happiness is the highest level of success and we want every person that crosses paths with Jet to achieve it. If you’re an ambitious, smart, natural collaborator who likes taking risks, influencing, and innovating in a challenging hyper-growth environment, we’d love to talk to you about joining our team.