Vice President for People Experience
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Department Talent
- Team -
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1484262
What you'll do at
This Is That Place where opportunity knocks. Our Walmart eCommerce team is obsessed with finding ways to help our customers live better, raising the bar for an entire industry along the way. You’ll play a crucial role in shaping the future of shopping, working with crazy talented people in an environment that values kindness and transparency. With the energy of a startup and the scale of the Fortune One, it’s the ultimate innovator’s playground. Are you hungry to own your career and catapult ideas into action? Read on.
As the Vice President for People Experience, you will play a lead role in both the strategy and operations of the end-to-end employee experience for the US eCommerce business. Your ultimate goal is to empower our people to do their best work and shape an employee experience that is connected across the employment journey and inspires a sense of purpose, community, and well-being. You will lead a highly talented team of experience managers in building and executing an engagement strategy for the eComm population and creating environments where our associates can thrive. You will be directly responsible for developing the engagement strategy for eCommerce, embedding diversity and inclusion into our ways of working, and supporting a measurement strategy that will help us make better data driven decisions and quantify the value of a great experience. You will partner directly with other leaders within the PX team, as well as key leaders across eComm to help deliver an incredible experience to our associates in the communities and environments they work in.
Happy associates = happy customers. The People Experience team believes that in order to help our customers save money and live better, we have to help our associates first. And we’re just getting started. The belief that investing in our associates – to help them live better and be bold – and everything that we’re doing to embed this belief in our business, is at the forefront of an entire industry. We’re making big changes in HR and at Walmart, and in this role you will be in a unique position to bring this change to life.
About the Role
Team Leadership: Leads the People Experience (PX) team for Walmart eCommerce (approx. 40-50 team members, globally), which consists of PX and Community leads for our eCommerce hubs in Hoboken and the Bay Area, Fulfillment Centers, Member Services/Customer Care, and our Dublin, Ireland technology hub.
- Deliver the Right Work: Brings together your team leads to create cohesive experiences across geographies and functions. Aligns the team around a common strategy, goals, and metrics. Sets priorities and facilitates goal setting (Objectives & Key Results) for the team.
- Grow and Inspire your People: Inspires, challenges, and coaches the team to drive high performance and cultivate a sense of purpose in their work. Ensures team members understand how their work connects to broader business objectives and contributes to business success. Invests in the growth and development of the team and individuals, and creates opportunities for exposure and continued growth and learning.
- Set an Example: Serves as an evangelist and champion of the Associate Value Proposition and team mission, vision, values, and brand.
Strategy Development: Develops the PX function strategy and roadmap to deliver an amazing associate experience across the entire employment journey - inclusive of programs, initiatives, and ongoing team responsibilities. Constantly works with a focus on the future and continuous improvement – keeps the pulse on industry trends, new technologies, and connections with the business. Applies a human-centric approach and 'associate lens' to strategy and program development, and helps others think in this way. Leverages creativity, innovation, and diversity of thought to build the best experience possible for our associates.
Function Management: Operates communities and experience programs with an orientation towards action & results. Drives towards business outcomes and continuous improvement, including operational efficiency, budget management, diversity & inclusion, and impact. Manages the following portfolio areas:
- community & inclusion
- health & wellness
- strategy & operations (includes events)
Supports overall engagement efforts via feedback collection and action planning.
Business Partner & Stakeholder Management: Builds strong working relationships across the team and with cross-functional partners and stakeholder groups (i.e., associates, leaders, HR partners, partner organizations, community members, vendors). Has strong ability to influence at the leadership level.
Culture Championship: Serves as a culture steward for the team and for the US eCommerce business. Fosters a culture of ownership where everyone contributes and takes accountability to best serve our customers. Role models company values, inclusive leadership, and change agility. Experiments, takes risks, and demonstrates resiliency.
Note: Travel will be required.
- You're a risk taker, a dreamer that delivers, you have and can implement big ideas with a positive attitude. You pride yourself on being the first of your friends and colleagues to know what's happening in the world and staying "in the know." You have a passion for workplace experience and culture. You want to be a part of one of the fastest growing ecommerce companies around where the only constant is change and you have these main skills:
- Collaborative and inclusive leadership; team player who can work with multiple stakeholder groups; always thinking about how to integrate across geographies and keep associates informed
- Current experience managing a team. Remote management experience a plus!
- Immersive attitude; passionate about employee happiness and culture
- Organizational savvy; ability to leverage resources and networks to drive outcomes
- Highly organized and able to balance multiple priorities at any given time
- Uses data to make decisions and acts with the goal of improving business outcomes
- Creative and innovative thinker, ability to approach opportunities and generate ideas that inspire exciting outcomes
- Strong business acumen
- Thrives in a dynamic environment; comfortable working with ambiguity and change
- Trustworthy; strong business integrity and ability to lead according to our values
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Minimum 12 years of professional experience in program management, product management, consulting, customer experience, hospitality service, or similar area
- Experience in and extensive knowledge of Human Resources and/or Employee Experience
- Minimum 10 years’ experience leading teams
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Bonus points
- You've been a part of the creation and/or the maintenance of a best in class workplace culture