Director of Product, Strategy & Operations
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Department -
- Team Search
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1480458
What you'll do at
About this Position
We are seeking a Product Leader who wants a unique, highly visible role in defining how Walmart’s US eCommerce business will continue to exceed growth targets and deliver a best in class customer experience. As the Director of Product for Strategy and Operations, you will be charged with leading highly strategic teams that understand and maximize the way our Search team works across the lifecycle of end to end product management i.e Planning, Culture building, Escalation Management and Communication. Some of the responsibilities of your teams include - Annual and quarterly roadmap planning, partnering with analytics to define and monitor critical metric/goals across cross functional teams, analyzing customer feedback to come up with insights and patterns, triage customer and stakeholder escalations to come up with root cause, create processes and systems to improve machine learning acceleration across various search teams as well as product updates and communication for stakeholders.
This role requires deep empathy for customers and a strong passion for analytics. You will have regular exposure to Walmart’s eCommerce Leadership and your ability to influence and communicate will be critical. The reward for impact in this role is large: you’ll gain a full cross-functional understanding of our business and can grow into a strategic senior leader within our company.
Is this you?
What You'll Do
- You will develop a clear understanding of how Walmart eCommerce plans to take product discovery and findability to the next level. You will partner with associates at all levels of the organization from entry level to SVP+.
- You are comfortable leading across multiple geographies (Hoboken, NJ ,San Bruno, CA/Sunnyvale, CA and India) and business units: Jet.com, Walmart.com, etc.
- You’ll create a clear point of view on how Product can make retail more effective and positively benefit our customer.
- You are comfortable defining ways of working and product culture to accelerate productivity and impact for the organization
- You’ll work through others to maximize the impact and velocity of your efforts; you must be comfortable guiding initiatives in a matrixed environment.
- You understand that product is more than developing technology and can frame how to leverage people-based solutions to accelerate outcomes.
- You aspire to grow your career rapidly and like high risk, high reward opportunities.
- Proven leader that can inspire a high performing team of 5+ Product Managers, delivering products at Walmart scale
- High level of comfort with analytical approaches and quantitative methods
- Experience with SaaS / PaaS product and associated engagement model
- Action oriented, independent, self-starter comfortable working in an unstructured, fast paced environment
- Proven ability to manage multiple, time-sensitive products and competing priorities simultaneously with minimum guidance and high attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and written/verbal communication skills
- Understand the importance of design and research and how both fit into building new processes and deploying new technologies
- BA/BS degree, with 6+ years of experience managing product teams and delivering on time product solutions for internal stakeholders
- Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Information Systems, or related field
@WalmartLabs is the technical powerhouse behind Walmart Global eCommerce. We employ big data at scale -- from machine learning, data mining and optimization algorithms, to modeling and analyzing massive flows of data from online, social, mobile and offline commerce. We don’t just engineer cool websites, mobile apps, and new services; we use our own open source tools to create the framework. Deployment is automated and accelerated through our open cloud platform. This makes us incredibly nimble and able to adjust in real-time to our global customers.