Product Analyst, Walmart Media Group
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Retail
- Team Walmart Media Group
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1476487
What you'll do at
This is a unique opportunity to join a small, high-visibility team that is making a big impact. Anchored by the world’s largest retail audience database, we help brands perfect point-of-purchase advertising, delivering media performance coupled with best-in-class targeting and reporting. We believe all digital advertising at Walmart can address the ever-evolving needs of full-funnel advertising – from shopper marketing to brand advertising, from upper funnel awareness to lower-funnel conversion, across online and offline channels.
We are looking for an exceptional individual who is intellectually curious, enthusiastic, detail-oriented, and a self-starter to join our team as a Product Analyst for our WMX platform. This role is a highly visible position central to the continued growth, efficiency and success of the Walmart Media Exchange (WMX) Platform as well as the Walmart Media Group / Advertising team.
Walmart Media eXchange (WMX) houses instore and online shopping data from the world’s largest retailer, Walmart. We have amazing and actionable insights that our Supplier Brand partners love and are super excited about, as we activate their campaigns either on Walmart.com or on our managed DSP.
The role will have broad exposure across product, engineering, sales, marketing and finance. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in product analytics with specific experience around Segmentation, Targeting and Reporting workflows.
This position will report to the Director of Product, WMX Display, within the Walmart Media Group and will be located in our San Bruno, California offices.
What You Will Get To Do:
- Analyze advertising interactions to optimize advertiser experience
- Provide key business insights that drive decision making based on trends (large focus on ad products).
- Manage analytics lifecycle for ad products from concept to delivery.
- Visualize key metrics on an ongoing basis to communicate out to various teams.
- Design dashboards to simulate and track product and advertiser performance
- Implement, manage, and reconcile internal and 3rd party metrics to drive product decisions.
- Identify shopper and advertising trends and provide these inputs for product improvements.
- Develop quantitative analysis, ad hoc reports, and models to support advertising decisions.
Who You Are:
- Customer-Centric: You are passionate about supporting an efficient and impactful advertising centric product organization with awesome insights and strong focus on the shopper experience.
- Strong SQL, HiveQL, Spreadsheet and Presentation skills with an exceptional ability to communicate new ideas and findings.
- Previous product analytics experience in digital advertising preferred.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to clearly synthesize large dataset into key insights.
- Experience working with relational databases and SQL query languages.
- Familiarity with no-SQL architectures, R, or Python is a plus.
- Self-starter looking to gain broad operating experience in helping scale a fast-growing business.
- Intellectually curious with strong analytical and communication skills.
- A good balance of analytical and creative thinking ensuring that business objectives are delivered consistently.
- Thrives under pressure, balancing multiple work-streams and priorities.
- Team player who is a self-starter and is able to thrive in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- BA/BS in Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, or related field.
What We Can Offer You:
- Unique opportunity to accelerate your career by collaborating in the evolution of the roadmap for the DMP of the world’s largest retailer.
- Exposure to high visibility and strategic projects with potential for big impact.
- First-hand experience to help define the future of omni-channel advertising.
- To develop and generate your professional network.
- Exciting, challenging problems to solve - you'll never have a boring day at the office.
- A refreshingly fun work environment where you will collaborate with a smart and talented team of product managers, engineers and business folks who care most about getting stuff done.
- Opportunity to learn and participate in the growth of a Fortune One startup.
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field
Walmart Global eCommerce is comprised of Walmart Media Group, Walmart.com, VUDU, SamsClub.com, and our technical powerhouse @WalmartLabs. Here, innovators incubate next-gen e-commerce solutions in real-time. We integrate online, physical, and mobile shopping experiences for billions of customers around the globe. How do we do it? We continuously build and invest in new technology including open source tools and big data innovations. Data scientists, front and back-end engineers, product managers, and web and UX/UI teams collaborate alongside e-commerce experts to envision, prototype, and bring revolutionary ideas to life in a dynamic, flexible and fun work culture