Sr Mgr, Content Strategist, Walmart Media Group
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Retail
- Team Walmart Media Group
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1474246
What you'll do at
About Walmart Media Group
At Walmart, we enable the connection between supplier brands and retail shoppers at unprecedented scale. As primary stewards of our brand promise, “Save Money. Live Better,” we work alongside some of the most talented people in the world to engage with the more than 150M households who shop with us. This is a unique opportunity to join a small, high-visibility team within the largest company in the world. We believe all digital advertising can be targeted and accountable – and we have Walmart’s sales data to prove it. Walmart Media Group wins when suppliers invest in digital media to drive growth; Walmart and our supplier partners win when your digital expertise helps sell more goods online and offline. Growth in our digital advertising business is key to Walmart’s overall growth strategy.
Walmart Media Group (the digital ad sales arm for Walmart.com, Jet, Hayneedle, Online Grocery, Vudu, etc.) is dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for our suppliers, merchants, stores, GMs, brand advertisers, and agencies. Our full funnel ad solutions leverage Walmart’s in-store and online data, extensive reach, and to provide measurable results for our clientele. With a range of flexible pricing and buying models, including self-service; these solutions help businesses build brand awareness, engage with Walmart consumers, and convert Walmart consumers to shoppers
Content Strategists help transform complex information and tasks into easy-to-use designs for our millions of customers around the world. To do this you’ll use your knowledge of the UX process (research, conceptual design, prototyping, testing) in collaboration with other content strategists, architects, designers, researchers, product managers and engineers.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead in the creation of business and consumer product experiences.
- Work without close supervision but seek out and welcome feedback from senior UX leaders and managers.
- Focus on advertiser needs and continuously improve content to increase customer comprehension, product adoption and issue resolution.
- Help advertisers figure out what to do next with perceptive decisions about language and wording choices.
- Solve complex problems and work with others with the same passion, to collaborate and merge solutions into a larger structure and create a cohesive design ecosystem.
- When you look at Walmart.com, you will see multiple easy ways we could restructure our navigation, data, content, checkout flow, or page elements to make the experience easier and more delightful for our customer – and you’re excited to tell us about them.
- Mentor other team members on best practices.
What You’ll Need:
- Ability to write brief, persuasive, on-task text that keeps users engaged and reduces errors and confusion.
- Familiarity with accessibility standards and how to write for screen readers.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to adapt to the ever-changing priorities of the eCommerce business. Work quickly and efficiently while maintaining a high level of attention to detail.
- A constant drive to stay up-to-date with the latest industry news and developments.
- Excellent presentation, communication, and negotiation skills.
- Experience with business requirement gathering, site assessment, competitive analysis, and secondary research.
- Inclusive design philosophy with a strong editorial sense. You gather feedback judiciously, but know when to adjust your designs and when to follow your initial vision.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years experience with digital content creation OR Master’s degree and 3 years digital content experience
- Portfolio of UX-focused writing samples and style guidelines for web and mobile applications
- Experience creating content strategy for large customer facing properties