Product Analyst - WPA
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Retail
- Team Walmart Media Group
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1472003
What you'll do at
About the Role
- Prepares first draft of executive presentation to communicate strategic recommendations to business management, based on research and data analysis
- Supports the implementation of business solutions
- Collaborates with other associates from own team and liaises with Managers/ Specialists from other related teams or cross-functional teams as needed
Data Collection and Analysis:
- Addresses business problems
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Builds and manages parts of algorithmic products/models
- Ensures segment aligns with overall product goals
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Coaches less experienced team members and provides feedback to enhance skills, knowledge and work performance.
- Mentors and supports training for less experienced associates.
- Owns small projects end-to-end to support the business area or category.
- Owns a defined part of a product; ensures the product is working and functioning according to overarching goals.
- Identifies new info to feed back up to product owner.
Proof of Concept and Prototype:
- Generates new ideas as an output of research, applies knowledge to come up with new information and contributes to proof-of-concepts for projects.
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions
Analyze advertising interactions to optimize advertiser experience
- Provide key business insights that drive decision making based on trends (large focus on ad products)
- Manage analytics lifecycle for ad products from concept to delivery
- Visualize key metrics on an ongoing basis to communicate out to various teams
Design dashboard to simulate and track product performance
- Implement, manage, and reconcile internal and 3rd party metrics to drive product decisions
Identify shopper and advertising trends and provide these inputs for product improvements
- Develop quantitative analysis, ad hoc reports, models, and A/B tests to support advertising decisions
- Conduct ad hoc analysis to provide guidance to engineering around bugs and issues
- Bachelor s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Statistics, or related field
- 1 year's experience in data analytics or related field OR 3 years' experience in data analytics or related field
- 1 year's experience using in-database analytics, SAS, SQL, or similar programming languages to retrieve, merge, and hygiene data from multiple sources or platforms
- 2 years' experience with analytics in retail operations or related field
The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.