Director, Integrated Marketing Strategy and Planning, Walmart Media Group
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Retail
- Team Walmart Media Group
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1470965
What you'll do at
The Walmart Media Group is looking for an experienced marketing strategist, planner, story-teller and marketing insights guru to lead omni-channel integrated advertising planning for the Walmart Media Group. This highly complex, cross-functional role will be responsible for leading a team in the development and management of multi-category and seasonal integrated campaigns across the Walmart omni-channel ecosystem. You will work closely with Walmart’s advertising sales, marketing, retailtainment, site experience, category, vertical brands (i.e. Vudu, Jet.com), and seasonal activation teams to develop custom and scalable solutions for Walmart Media Group’s clients.
Walmart Media Group is Walmart’s advertising platform for brands, uniquely designed to reach hundreds of millions of U.S. shoppers across their entire shopping journey. We connect billions of shopping behaviors to real transactions (both online and in-store), and help marketers truly understand how their marketing drives results.
In addition you will work to piece together a holistic view of Walmart’s omni-channel marketing initiatives, marketing calendar and cross-category strategies to determine how to best insert brands into Walmart’s overall customer ecosystem. You will own the relationship between Marketing and the Walmart Media Group working to simplify processes and enhance our ongoing partnerships. And you will conceptualize and create unique, custom and high-impact marketing solutions for clients. You will also lead product commercialization efforts in partnership with our Product Marketing and Ad Experiences team.
Specially, we’re looking for ambitious, fun, creative, people-oriented folks who are truly willing to roll up their sleeves to solve business challenges in creative and structured ways (no lie, you might not have sleeves by the end of this).
- Lead the team responsible for the development of cross-category, custom and seasonal advertising initiatives for Walmart Media Group Clients
- Act as the lead partner between Walmart Media Group and Walmart marketing, ensuring consistency between Walmart’s supplier advertising initiatives and Walmart’s own customer messaging
- Manage the cross-functional connection points, processes and planning cycles between Walmart marketing, creative, cross-category solutions, seasonal, site experience and product teams
- Partner with Product Marketing and Ad Experience to commercialize products, new solutions and new opportunities for brands
- Partner with sales, client brand strategy and media planning to understand cross-category and seasonal integration opportunities to bring to market (and how to bring them to market)
- Actively facilitating and participating in brainstorming and working sessions across cross-functional teams
- Support the growth and evolution of strategic marketing planning for Walmart Media Group
- 10+ year’s marketing experience in retail or related field
- Highly collaborative, team player, strong influencer and relationship builder
- Creative marketer, ability to conceptualize new ideas and new ways of working
- Strong agency experience in the advertising and creative spaces
- Strong understanding of publisher client relationships and framing