Infrastructure Engineer, Systems & Tools - Walmart Media Group
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Retail
- Team Walmart Media Group
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1468454
What you'll do at
About Walmart Media Group
At Walmart, we enable the connection between supplier brands and retail shoppers at unprecedented scale. As primary stewards of our brand promise, “Save Money. Live Better,” we work alongside some of the most talented people in the world to engage with the more than 150M households who shop with us. This is a unique opportunity to join a small, high-visibility team within the largest company in the world. We believe all digital advertising can be targeted and accountable – and we have Walmart’s sales data to prove it. Walmart Media Group wins when suppliers invest in digital media to drive growth; Walmart and our supplier partners win when your digital expertise helps sell more goods online and offline. Growth in our digital advertising business is key to Walmart’s overall growth strategy.
Walmart Media Group (the digital ad sales arm for Walmart.com, Jet, Hayneedle, Online Grocery, Vudu, etc.) is dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for our suppliers, merchants, stores, GMs, brand advertisers, and agencies. Our full funnel ad solutions leverage Walmart’s in-store and online data, extensive reach, and to provide measurable results for our clientele. With a range of flexible pricing and buying models, including self-service; these solutions help businesses build brand awareness, engage with Walmart consumers, and convert Walmart consumers to shoppers.
Job Name: Infrastructure Engineer, Systems & Tools
- Join a local team of analytical, technical, and operational individual contributors that support our internal tools, systems, and infrastructure.
- Build core platform and APIs to allow data to be accessed in various ways.
- Design frameworks around data processes providing scale.
- Work across stack to ensure compatibility with data engineers and front-end engineers.
- A. or B.S. degree in Computer Science or other technical field, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in a software development role.
- Expert understanding & fluency with cloud systems & constraints.
- Prior experience building tools platforms and APIs.
- Professional experience with best security practices and standards.
- Thinking in large scale – billions+ rows OR TB of data.