Director, Vertical Brand Strategy, Walmart Media Group
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Retail
- Team Walmart Media Group
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1466423
What you'll do at
The Walmart Media Group is looking for an experienced brand strategist, story-teller and marketing insights guru to lead the team responsible for weaving together the narrative and sales story for specific categories and clients across the Walmart advertising ecosystem.
Walmart Media Group is Walmart’s advertising platform for brands, uniquely designed to reach hundreds of millions of U.S. shoppers across their entire shopping journey. We connect billions of shopping behaviors to real transactions (both online and in-store), and help marketers truly understand how their marketing drives results.
As the Director of Vertical Brand Strategy, you will be responsible for leading the team that directly interfaces with our vertical advertising sales leads to provide marketing, pre-sales and insights support for their pitches. Your team will strive to fully become experts in their relevant categories and develop specific market positionings and go to market strategies for them.
Specially, we’re looking for ambitious, fun, creative, people-oriented folks who are truly willing to roll up their sleeves to solve business challenges in creative and structured ways (no lie, you might not have sleeves by the end of this).
- Lead the team responsible for key vertically specialized strategies, marketing insights and storytelling in partnership with specialized sales leaders
- Implement the development, delivery and training of effective sales and customer success playbooks in tight collaboration with those teams which are Sales Operations, Sales, Category teams and Product Management
- Develop frameworks for collateral, concepting and insights management
- Act as the liaison between marketing leadership, product marketing, insights, sales operations to support in-market sales positioning, activation and collateral
- Manage the Walmart Media Group’s macro sales narrative and market positioning at an executive level
- Develop and manage the sales enablement roadmap
- Collaborate with the communications and training team on developing content to educate Sales and Customer Success teams to advance deals - examples include case studies, competitive information fact sheets, product collateral and custom work
- Gather feedback from Sales team on a regular basis to constantly improve support programs
- Participate in the development of the product roadmap on behalf of sales operations to ensure programs meet the needs of clients.
- 10+ years’ experience in advertising and / or marketing related fields
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly analytical, insights driven, passion for numbers
- Experience in leading a large, cross-functional team