Marketing Insights Specialist, Walmart Media Group
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Retail
- Team Walmart Media Group
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1465389
What you'll do at
At Walmart, we enable the connection between supplier brands and retail shoppers at unprecedented scale. As primary stewards of our brand promise, “Save Money. Live Better,” we work alongside some of the most talented people in the world to engage with the more than 150M households who shop with us. This is a unique opportunity to join a small, high-visibility team within the largest company in the world. We believe all digital advertising can be targeted and accountable – and we have Walmart’s sales data to prove it. Walmart Media Group wins when suppliers invest in digital media to drive growth; Walmart and our supplier partners win when your digital expertise helps sell more goods online and offline. Growth in our digital advertising business is key to Walmart’s overall growth strategy.
Walmart Media Group (the digital ad sales arm for Walmart.com, Jet, Hayneedle, Online Grocery, Vudu, etc.) is dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for our suppliers, merchants, stores, GMs, brand advertisers, and agencies. Our full funnel ad solutions leverage Walmart’s in-store and online data, extensive reach, and to provide measurable results for our clientele. With a range of flexible pricing and buying models, including self-service; these solutions help businesses build brand awareness, engage with Walmart consumers, and convert Walmart consumers to shoppers.
Walmart Media Group is seeking an experienced Marketing Insights Specialist who will focus on capturing consumer, brand, and market trends and data for seller and manufacturer education as part of the pre-sales recommendation and communication. You will be joining a business that is experiencing rapid and dramatic growth. We are looking for demonstrated performance in a constantly changing, ambiguous environment; and problem-solving leadership with limited oversight.
What We're Looking for:
A Marketing Insights Specialist who will provide report on market trends, consumer insights, and advertiser or brand specific performance and provide meaningful insights for stakeholders & sellers.
The data will be included in client pitches for Walmart Media Group go-to-market advertising deliverables, focusing on presales recommendations
We seek someone with a strong entrepreneurial background, who can lead cross-functional teams and own development of new solutions that enable the business to scale.
As the Leader of the Marketing Insights team, you will turn hard data into actionable insights and compelling stories to inform key business decisions.
You will collaborate with cross-functional teams of business leaders, product teams, marketers, and finance managers to solve the most pressing and challenging problems that face our business.
Design and monitor performance reporting for digital advertising and marketing experience (site/app) projects
Frame the right questions, write queries and perform ad-hoc analysis to support immediate business data needs
Create and automate best-in-class reporting and dashboards, while ensuring data integrity
Provide clear recommendations and next steps for executive leadership consumption based on insights generated
- Bachelors in Economics, Math, Computer Science, Statistics, Management Science or other quantitative fields
- Deepen business understanding of customer experience, marketing, merchandising and site data
- 3+ year's experience in a quantitative or analytical role – within consulting, marketing or consumer analytics
- Flair for data and business strategy, yet curiosity, humility and willingness to learn and work in teams
- Big picture thinking and ability to influence senior stakeholders
- Basic SQL & experience working on large multidimensional datasets. Omniture experience a plus
- Experience using NPD, IRI, Nielsen, & associated market research data points.
- Design and monitor performance reporting for digital customer experience (site/app) projects as well as ad placements
- Familiarity building automated insights engine for sales, marketing, & external advertisers to digest & apply 1st & 3rd party data.
- Create & build case studies that illustrate the power of WMG data & how it can be utilized.
- Contribute with creating and automating best-in-class reporting and dashboards, while ensuring data integrity