Advanced Analytics Specialist, Walmart Media Group
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Retail
- Team Walmart Media Group
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1465379
What you'll do at
At Walmart, we enable the connection between supplier brands and retail shoppers at unprecedented scale. As primary stewards of our brand promise, “Save Money. Live Better,” we work alongside some of the most talented people in the world to engage with the more than 150M households who shop with us. This is a unique opportunity to join a small, high-visibility team within the largest company in the world. We believe all digital advertising can be targeted and accountable – and we have Walmart’s sales data to prove it. Walmart Media Group wins when suppliers invest in digital media to drive growth; Walmart and our supplier partners win when your digital expertise helps sell more goods online and offline. Growth in our digital advertising business is key to Walmart’s overall growth strategy.
Walmart Media Group (the digital ad sales arm for Walmart.com, Jet, Hayneedle, Online Grocery, Vudu, etc.) is dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for our suppliers, merchants, stores, GMs, brand advertisers, and agencies. Our full funnel ad solutions leverage Walmart’s in-store and online data, extensive reach, and to provide measurable results for our clientele. With a range of flexible pricing and buying models, including self-service; these solutions help businesses build brand awareness, engage with Walmart consumers, and convert Walmart consumers to shoppers.
Walmart Media Group is seeking an experienced Advanced Analytics Specialist who will be building, interpreting, quantifying, & visualizing data into meaningful insights for advertisers to take action. You will lead a high-caliber team in a business that is experiencing rapid and dramatic growth. We are looking for demonstrated performance in a constantly changing, ambiguous environment; and problem-solving leadership with limited oversight.
- Builds, Interprets, Quantifies, Visualizes, and Communicates Impact of data into meaningful reporting and analysis for Advertisers.
- Work with large, messy, disparate datasets and conduct ad hoc “back of the envelope” analyses to quickly inform critical business decisions
- Collaborates with Sales, Account Management, and Clients in support of illustrating the impact of the advertising campaign and associated strategy.
- Leads the creation & execution of both recurring and ad-hoc Insights requests from surveys to infographics. Regularly researches Walmart and advertiser specific trends across digital marketing in both cross-channel and omnichannel mediums.
- Gain understanding of sometimes unarticulated business needs, translate strategic initiatives into detailed product specifications, and work with Product Managers on the team to catalyze product development
- Develop and improve upon our methodology for demand forecasting and inventory replenishment logic with some of the best data scientists in the industry
- Design scalable workflows and tools to automate processes that would otherwise be manual and time-consuming
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Math, Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, or related field and 3+ years of experience in related field.
- Hands on knowledge of SQL, HIVE, and mainstream reporting tool. Omniture or Domo experience a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for varied audiences on analytical subject matter
- Demonstrated ability to transform requirements to specific analytical reports and tools.
- This role will involve analytical modeling, root cause analysis, investigation and collaboration with the business partners as well as building analytical structure and framework
- Flair for data and business strategy
- Curiosity, humility and willingness to learn and work in teams
- Big picture thinking and ability to influence senior stakeholders
- Basic SQL & experience working on large multidimensional datasets
- Experience with SAS, R, and/or Python for data manipulation
- Experience in A/B testing
- Experience in ETL, data engineering
- Knowledge in ecommerce industry