Creative Director, Walmart Media Group
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Retail
- Team Walmart Media Group
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1463947
What you'll do at
At Walmart, we enable the connection between supplier brands and retail shoppers at unprecedented scale. As primary stewards of our brand promise, “Save Money. Live Better,” we work alongside some of the most talented people in the world to engage with the more than 150M households who shop with us. This is a unique opportunity to join a small, high-visibility team within the largest company in the world. We believe all digital advertising can be targeted and accountable – and we have Walmart’s sales data to prove it. Walmart Media Group wins when suppliers invest in digital media to drive growth; Walmart and our supplier partners win when your digital expertise helps sell more goods online and offline. Growth in our digital advertising business is key to Walmart’s overall growth strategy.
Walmart Media Group (the digital ad sales arm for Walmart.com, Jet, Hayneedle, Online Grocery, Vudu, etc.) is dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for our suppliers, merchants, stores, GMs, brand advertisers, and agencies. Our full funnel ad solutions leverage Walmart’s in-store and online data, extensive reach, and to provide measurable results for our clientele. With a range of flexible pricing and buying models, including self-service; these solutions help businesses build brand awareness, engage with Walmart consumers, and convert Walmart consumers to shoppers.
What you'll do
As part of the Walmart Media group, the Creative Director is responsible for managing and directing the creative team and their output for the digital scope of Walmart. This position is a highly impactful position as they will be providing creative direction and innovation related to the overall advertising experience on the consumer walmart.com site.
Brand Management: Ensures all internal/agency partner output is in line with overall brand strategy and objectives (e.g., right colors, voice). Contributes/provides input to evolution of brand voice of Walmart (e.g., pushes the boundaries) through creative content development.
Budgets and Financial Management: Manages assigned budget for team and/or workgroup within established guidelines.
Collaboration: Works with agency partners from inception to completion and resolves complex issues. Collaborates with other Marketing groups (Marketing Strategy and Planning, Customer Experience, Digital, etc.) and stakeholders outside of Marketing (e.g., Category Management) to coordinate tasks and ensure campaign alignment. Partners with internal Finance team and Accounts Payable to coordinate payments to external vendors.
- Creative Asset Development: Leads creative projects, engaging directly with business partners, creative leadership and freelancers and translating solutions and execution plans for less experienced associates. Maintains consistency from off-site creative platforms and campaigns to onsite consumer engagement and experience.
Creative Brief Review: Reviews and understands creative briefs developed. Has a strong understanding of creative strategy, brand development and multichannel creative.
Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
Innovation and Strategy: Assists in the execution of the customer experience and/or creative strategies and/or tools to create innovative or improved customer experiences.
People Development: Coaches team members and provides feedback to enhance skills, knowledge, and work performance. Maintains team motivation and engagement. Mentors less experienced associates. Inspires the creative team to be better connected to our business while also challenging in how we creatively solve using the platform and technology to a positive outcome. Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates. Coordinates, completes, and oversees job-related activities and assignments
Project Management: Identifies and leads creative opportunities and projects for own team, and connects resources (tools and business partners) to support the team. Manages ongoing job-related activities and assignments; establishes priorities and milestones for less experienced team members and provides regular progress reports. May provide some input to strategy/roadmap for team.
Execution: Transforms rough ideas and general concepts into actions, projects, and completed creative. Formulates short and long term creative goals and strategies for achieving them.
Fosters a culture of curiosity and excitement for the innovative and the elevated experience while knowing how it connects to our business.
Coordinates, collaborates and persuades key partners (marketing, merchants, UX, product) for an optimal creative product that pushes our business forward. Appreciates media channels and has a strong understanding of their individual roles and opportunities.
- Bachelor s degree in Design, Marketing, Creative Writing, Advertising, Fine Arts, or related field and 2 years' experience in interactive design, editorial content management, or related field OR 4 years' experience in interactive design, editorial content management, or related field.
- Experienced leader and has managed diverse teams. Is an excellent communicator - possessing strong persuasive skills and the ability to influence throughout the organization.
- 1 year's experience managing editorial content teams in a retail creative environment.
- 1 year's experience managing vendor contracts and relationships.
- 1 year's supervisory experience.
- 2 years' experience managing large editorial content campaigns in an online creative or related digital field.
- 2 years' experience working for or with creative agencies.
- 2 years' experience working with content management systems.