Tools Director, Walmart Media Group
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Retail
- Team Walmart Media Group
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1463931
What you'll do at
At Walmart, we enable the connection between supplier brands and retail shoppers at unprecedented scale. As primary stewards of our brand promise, “Save Money. Live Better,” we work alongside some of the most talented people in the world to engage with the more than 150M households who shop with us. This is a unique opportunity to join a small, high-visibility team within the largest company in the world. We believe all digital advertising can be targeted and accountable – and we have Walmart’s sales data to prove it. Walmart Media Group wins when suppliers invest in digital media to drive growth; Walmart and our supplier partners win when your digital expertise helps sell more goods online and offline. Growth in our digital advertising business is key to Walmart’s overall growth strategy.
Walmart Media Group (the digital ad sales arm for Walmart.com, Jet, Hayneedle, Online Grocery, Vudu, etc.) is dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for our suppliers, merchants, stores, GMs, brand advertisers, and agencies. Our full funnel ad solutions leverage Walmart’s in-store and online data, extensive reach, and to provide measurable results for our clientele. With a range of flexible pricing and buying models, including self-service; these solutions help businesses build brand awareness, engage with Walmart consumers, and convert Walmart consumers to shoppers.
Walmart Media Group’s Operations team is hiring a Director of Tools that will be responsible to understand, communicate, and to discover ways we can scale or improve operational efficiency. He or she will need to be able to understand how all the Walmart and partner systems interact through the life of the media campaign and reporting deliverables.
The Leader will maintain close relationships with the Engineering, Product partners, 3rd party partners, that are necessary to develop and improve advertising products and internal tools. The Leader will manage a team that plays a key role in Walmart Media Group’s success, supporting Operations, Sales teams, advertisers, and products that enhance business growth potential, while driving the strategy and technology behind the online advertising and platform products we offer, focusing on providing scalable product solutions and reliable information, based on consultative analysis and timely communications. We are champions of the internal tools, data schema, and data architecture, He or she will be advocating for feature requests and offering product improvements backed by data-driven insights.
What you will do
- Be responsible for coordinating efforts across multiple teams, such as Product Management, Engineering, Operations, Category Merchants, and Sales. From design and conceptualization through to early piloting and wide-scale deployment, you will oversee the technical execution and business operations of online advertising and platform.
- Guarantee the technical aspects of system and data integrations by providing necessary documentation and guidance.
- Identify gaps and data efficiencies across CRM, Order Management system, and advertising systems to maximize service to advertisers
- Improve Internal tools by gathering and providing feedback to internal cross-functional teams, including Product Management, Engineering, and, our Sales teams.
- Design effective launch programs to ensure that internal tools are usable and serviceable before broad-scale deployment.
- Ensure the prompt and proper resolution of technical challenges.
- Focus on centralization and automation & lead analysis on business performance to drive operational changes
- Build frameworks to help with centralization and scaling • Ability to move from high level strategic frameworks to data
- Build and manage a high performing team composed by several distinct sub-teams Partner with management on key business and operational activities
- Demonstrated problem solving experience with experience providing business insights and recommendations from data sets and experience explaining concepts to audiences
- Experience influencing individuals at the C-Suite or Executive level and driving strategic business decisions Preferred Qualifications:
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field. Master’s or MBA a plus.
- 7+ years of experience working with internet products and technologies.
- Experience working in a technical capacity, or directly with Product Management and Engineering.
- Experience with planning, designing, and architecting Enterprise Warehouse Solutions.
- 3 years of development experience in big data technologies such as Hadoop,Hive, Sqoop, and Spark
- Experience implementing distributed systems in an ephemeral environment.
- Experience building and integrating with enterprise solutions like Salesforce or 3rd party Billing platforms.
- Knowledge of publisher, advertising market or online ads landscape.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with multiple teams and stakeholders; excellent communication, relationship building, and collaboration skills.
- Excellent data analysis skills, with the ability to pull from many different data sources and provide insights on that data.