Site Merchandising Manager, Children's Fashion
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Retail
- Team Fashion
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1463862
What you'll do at
The Fashion Site Merchandising team is responsible for leading the strategy, assortment curation and optimization, site merchandising and development of our customer experience at Walmart.com for the fashion customer. This role, reporting to the vertical lead, will support the Children's Fashion business. Your ultimate responsibility is to collaborate with brands and vendors, marketing, category teams, and product to ensure we provide the consumer the optimal shopping experience on Walmart.com. The right candidate will be a self-starter who can advocate like an owner for their business; drive for action and results; be comfortable flexing between analytics, strategy, and execution; and demonstrate a positive attitude, strong interpersonal skills and flexibility.
Challenges You’ll Be Tackling
- Help drive category performance: You will be responsible for the site performance of your category on Walmart.com
- Work with product and marketing to build and enhance the customer experience:You will be working alongside cross-functional marketing and product teams to determine appropriate UX and product features; what products are selected, found, displayed; and finally, how it is marketed to Walmart's customer.
- Meeting the needs of our customers: stay abreast of the competition and trends in the category, as well as learn the latest tools and technology to analyze data and insights at scale.
- Curate the Walmart.com Assortment: Manage ongoing optimization for the category and help shape product assortments for Children's Fashion.
- Support Sub Category Perfection: own and deliver on proper taxonomy, attribution, basic & enhanced content as well as strategies to improve SEO (Search Engine Optimization).
- Executing the optimal shopping experience: collaborate with marketing to create category specific engagement via offsite awareness building, landing pages, cross-category moments, reviews and personalization.
- Help the vertical lead deliver on the Children's clothing P&L.
- Hold a strong point of view on the of the category – it’s role within Walmart Fashion, the competitive landscape, and emerging trends.
- Support on-site product presentation and catalog data, and drive requirements into the search and browse experience – Taxonomy, Navigation, Tagging, Attributes
- Be customer-centric and focused on delivering seamless experiences across all platforms. Contribute to product roadmap for relevant categories.
- Work closely with campaign and program leads and cross-functional partners (including Design, Copy & Content, Marketing, Merchandising and Engineering teams) to align on seasonal program strategies and plans as well as vendor funding.
- Manage a direct report to help scale operations and tactics.
- BA/BS degree with a strong academic background
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience within e-commerce, retail merchandising or category management
- Fashion experience preferred
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with an ability to see the big picture
- Ability to develop strong relationships (external and internal)
- Highly communicative
- Strong attention to detail
- Solid understanding of the KPIs, financial metrics, and customer metrics that matter when managing an ecommerce business
- Comfortable working in an ambiguous environment
- Bonus: Familiarity with Omniture Web analytics