Industry Manager, Global Accounts, Walmart Media Group
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Retail
- Team Walmart Media Group
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1462875
What you'll do at
At Walmart, we enable the connection between supplier brands and retail shoppers at unprecedented scale. As primary stewards of our brand promise, “Save Money. Live Better,” we work alongside some of the most talented people in the world to engage with the more than 150M households who shop with us. This is a unique opportunity to join a small, high-visibility team within the largest company in the world. We believe all digital advertising can be targeted and accountable – and we have Walmart’s sales data to prove it. Walmart Media Group wins when suppliers invest in digital media to drive growth; Walmart and our supplier partners win when your digital expertise helps sell more goods online and offline. Growth in our digital advertising business is key to Walmart’s overall growth strategy.
Walmart Media Group (the digital ad sales arm for Walmart.com, Jet, Hayneedle, Online Grocery, Vudu, etc.) is dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for our suppliers, merchants, stores, GMs, brand advertisers, and agencies. Our full funnel ad solutions leverage Walmart’s in-store and online data, extensive reach, and to provide measurable results for our clientele. With a range of flexible pricing and buying models, including self-service; these solutions help businesses build brand awareness, engage with Walmart consumers, and convert Walmart consumers to shoppers.
Walmart Media Group’s Leadership team is seeking experienced Industry Managers to help build and manage a team of vertical industry professionals to lead the Walmart Media Group’s monetization strategy for our largest CPG Personal Care & Home, Beauty, Tech/Telco, Pharma, and CPG Food & Beverages marketers/suppliers.
The ideal candidate will be a strategic, creative thinker with the ability to work cross-functionally to develop scalable solutions for their clients and their teams. The would have managed/scaled businesses in these verticals and have the capability to manage and motivate a small but high-performing team. Ideal candidates will have a consistent management experience as well as extensive experience selling or buying cross-network online marketing solutions such as direct response, search, branding, integrated sponsorships, and display advertising. Additionally, the candidate will have experience working within a matrix organization as well as experience in leading, coaching and influencing people. Candidates must have strong consultative sales skills with C-suite leaders, a collaborative and innovative spirit and be extremely comfortable dealing with ambiguity.
- Be responsible for driving the future strategic direction of the business
- Play a critical role in building, inspiring, training and managing a talented, motivated, highly consultative sales and services team
- Be seen as an industry leader in NYC, Chicago and/or San Francisco
- Understand our client's businesses and develop appropriate solutions to meet their needs
- Work collaboratively with cross functional teams to drive revenue growth with new and existing customers, be a point of escalation for any potential issues
- Execute projects involving quantitative analysis, industry research and strategy development
- Consult with Product Marketing to help shape product development in support of client needs in the region
- Evangelize WMG with agencies, clients and at targeted events, conferences and media opportunities and champion Facebook product releases internally and externally
- Strong ability to forecast and efficiently allocate resources to drive profitable business results
- Deliver the highest level of customer service and present WMG’s solutions in a compelling, positive and professional way
- 12+ years hands on experience of building and capability to manage high performing teams.
- Experience driving revenue growth with emerging opportunities and established partnerships
- Strong understanding of the advertising technology and data/performance measurement trends
- Skilled storyteller with experience communicating the benefit of marketing opportunities to brands
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills with an emphasis on translating insights, product information, and data in to client value
- Ability to perform well in highly dynamic, rapidly changing environment
- Proven ability to forge relationships with top marketing decision makers at brands and agencies
- Demonstrable success as a leader of change, achieving operational excellence by introducing new performance measures, processes and systems
- Provide strong leadership with the ability to build, train, coach and develop a high performing team including providing coaching and mentoring to other team leads
- Demonstrated track record in leading a team to surpass its targets and significantly grow the scale of the business partnerships under their control
- Ability to move fast, be bold, and thrive in a dynamic, quickly-changing environment
- Ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally with a strong focus on collaboration